ever heard of a nextgen GPU called 'Destination Films' ?

I read somewhere, maybe on Beyond3D, that 'Destination Films' is supposed to be the sucessor to DeltaCrome, and the refresh of DeltaCrome. can anyone confirm this?

Yes, destination is/was the code name for S3's next generation, but not for the deltachrome refresh.

right. I should have been more clear in my original post. I knew that the DeltaCrome refresh is not Destination Films. I think the refresh might simply be called DeltaCrome 2. Distination Films is the next generation part from S3.

:?:

We're talking about a refresh of the Delta Chrome before one single board hit retail? Where are they, Mulder,.. Scully?, tell me the truth?

Destination Films won't come out before mid-2005 (planned release date by S3)
But it will probably come out much later, as the Deltachrome was planned to be released last year...

Cebit Roadmaps?

vnet said:
Destination Films won't come out before mid-2005 (planned release date by S3)
But it will probably come out much later, as the Deltachrome was planned to be released last year...

But then we just saw this clip of roadmap from cebit:

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10894&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

Third slide down,showing DF at the far right and in the 1st part of 2005.

In reading the forums I think I heard someone say that DF will be a DX10 part. If that is the case.... are we going to be seeing all the major vendors DX10 parts in the beginning of 2005, or are we looking at Q4 2005? 8)

Skinner said:
:?:

We're talking about a refresh of the Delta Chrome before one single board hit retail? Where are they, Mulder,.. Scully?, tell me the truth?

I keep wondering the same thing. I honestly have to wonder if DeltaChrome is vaporware or not :!: Every few months we seem to get new previews. How many times can you honestly preview the same card?

Xmas said:
UniChrome is not related to DeltaChrome, it's DX7 at most (no shaders).
Isn't UniChrome actually some savage4 derived core, with better mpeg decoding features and a more fancy name (instead of all those ProSavageDDR, SavageIX etc.)? It seems hard to find real facts about it unfortunately.

Back