Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

Yeah, if not for the forced use of a Facebook account in the future, I might get version 2 of Quest as I do like being able to use the first one wirelessly at a reasonable price.

Shame.

Regards,
SB

It's a shame facebook policies make this a no go for me. Otherwise I would be very tempted

The Oculus Quest 2 improves on the original in every way: It has sharper screens, a more comfortable fit and it’s far more powerful. It’s a superior standalone VR headset, but it’s also good enough to compete with more expensive competitors when connected to a gaming PC. It’s truly the most flexible VR headset on the market.

https://www.engadget.com/oculus-quest-2-review-vr-facebook-headset-173026291.html

I was so wrong on my quest2 prediction. I was sure there would be no quest2 this year. I was expecting cost reduced crap model. Not only is there quest2 that is much better it's also significantly cheaper. Pessimist never looses :D

Ars really didn't like the Quest 2's three position IPD adjustment. They had to fudge an intermediate setting to get a clear picture. Seems that's a YMMV thing based on your IPD

They thought the include strap as crap too. The elite strap seems to be good but not for bigger heads or glasses wearers.

And Facebook.

Ars really didn't like the Quest 2's three position IPD adjustment. They had to fudge an intermediate setting to get a clear picture. Seems that's a YMMV thing based on your IPD

They thought the include strap as crap too. The elite strap seems to be good but not for bigger heads or glasses wearers.

And Facebook.

Ouch that's a big downgrade if the IPD is a 3 notch position thing. When I set the IPD on my Quest, I had to fiddle with it a bit to get it just right, anywhere outside of that and it was uncomfortable for anything longer than a few minutes.

Regards,
SB

So a single LCD panel, I wonder if that's why there's just a 3 position IPD switch? Instead of moving the lens and panel they are only moving the lenses. That probably saves them a bit on costs.

Regards,
SB
Its all cost cuts . They got huge push back on the rift s and now this is the compromise .

If you guys have a costco near you i believe the quest 2 bundle with elite strap and form fit pack is only $440

So a single LCD panel, I wonder if that's why there's just a 3 position IPD switch? Instead of moving the lens and panel they are only moving the lenses. That probably saves them a bit on costs.

Regards,
SB
so is the media confused with the per eye resolution or they are already correct? Like years ago when some media got confused with PSVR and say 1080p per eye.

Ouch that's a big downgrade if the IPD is a 3 notch position thing. When I set the IPD on my Quest, I had to fiddle with it a bit to get it just right, anywhere outside of that and it was uncomfortable for anything longer than a few minutes.

Regards,
SB

maybe they will mix it with software IPD.

A single screen in principle only limits FOV at the maximum IPD. The Quest 2 loses a little when set to the widest.

I don't see why they couldn't have a more granular adjustment for IPD with a single screen in principle. As you point out, cost! The other factor is weight and fitting that mechanism in.

Mine should arrive tomorrow as well! Also ordered the nicer headband.

I plan my first (Quest native) games to be Beat Saber and Eleven Table Tennis ... especially the latter I have high hopes for!

Back