Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

I think the most interesting launch game is Demon's souls (did you forget that game?). Also playing my PS4 backlog with near instant loadings (~1 sec) is actually very promising.

Yes, its so not on my list that I forgot about Demon's Souls :)
The 1s thing is super nice, but its not what has stopped me from playing the games on PS4 that I have not played yet. I do buy way to many games, maybe I will find the time to play The Last of Us 2, but it did not catch me the same way as #1 did and definitely not as Ghost of Tsushima did.
Anyway between Ghost of Tsushima Legends, CyberPunk 2077 and Dirt 5 I think I am good.

Ohh, my day 1 accessories list will be

Extra controller
Charging stand
And most likely the headset.

The way I look at it, PS5DE will give me the extra controller and maybe the charging stand for free. Since I would have spent the same on games going forward regardless of the PS5DE existed or not. That is, if the 399/499 prices are correct.
So thank you Sony!

$400USD equates to $527CAD...so likely a $529.99 pricepoint in Canada.

That would only be $30 more than PS4 Pro was here so actually pretty good for a new gen console imo. Of course this all depends on whether they hit that price point.

My day one purchase will be:

PS5
Additional Controller
Camera
Headset
Charging Stand

I might revisit Xbox if there are any worthy games that arrive that I can't get on PC.

Everyone should have switched over to digital back in 2010 or at least 2013 then you wouldn't be having these difficulties now. :LOL:

Reactions: JPT
Is there a stand/leg to stop the disc version from wobbling while laying horizontally?o_O
If you have a look at the picture, you will notice the black base in the disc and DE are different. The disc version's base raises, this is so you can lay the console horizontal and it conforms to the shape and makes it stable. There shouldn't be any issue with it laying flat.

The DE version is flat, so you can lay the console horizontal and it will be stable.

If they go with the DE at $399 it is a big bet on people buying a lot of titles in the next 12-8 months
Why is it a big bet? Are people only going to have the console for 8-12 months before selling it or something? If they are like me and intend to keep the console for it's lifetime, then it becomes a better proposition where digital sales can account for the $100 price difference from the disc version.

KifgQz1.jpg
That picture is fake btw.

Is there a stand/leg to stop the disc version from wobbling while laying horizontally?o_O

Will PS5 disc games be fully installed to the SSD?

That is, you install from disc once and you can eject it and play it as if it was a download game?

Or will it require disc check to verify that you still own it?

Will PS5 disc games be fully installed to the SSD?

That is, you install from disc once and you can eject it and play it as if it was a download game?

Or will it require disc check to verify that you still own it?
Well if it's like the PS4, you need the disc in to play.

Also remember that the disc player is Bluray UHD 4K so you can play 4K movies on it which is nice to know.

Everyone should have switched over to digital back in 2010 or at least 2013 then you wouldn't be having these difficulties now. :LOL:
Some of us wish we could but some of us have crap internet. At peak, on a good day with fair weather and a tail wind, I can download around 7.5 gigabytes of data per hour. I know there are many worse off than me, but they tend to live on top of a mountain, not in an expensive part of central London. Pre-loads have made it easier but until my internet is better, I'm still buying half my games on disc so I can delete and re-install them quickly.

So in case anyone is interested. There are seven Sony PS channels for tonights showcase on Youtube, and seven on Twitch.

upload_2020-9-16_18-59-11.png
upload_2020-9-16_18-59-57.png

Last edited:
Back