Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

They removed this feature a couple years ago, you used to be able to set as primary and then rinse and repeat- now the system ‘knows’ there’s another primary and asks you to remove it before proceeding.

Yeah I think so too. Now it’s only for two people/PS4s. The only requirements are:

- a friend.
- ok no friends required, a family member is also fine.
- technically that’s also not accurate. Anyone will do. You don’t have to like them.
- one PS4 each.
- one account each.
- you log into your account on your friend’s PS4 and set their PS4 as your primary.
- he does the same the other way around
- When you buy a game, your friend will then be able to log in as you on their PS4 and download the game.
- Then they log back in as themselves and they will be able to play the game. And you can do the same.

Really easy especially if you have access to each other, so you don’t have to tell them your login details, which would be weird.

Yeah I think so too. Now it’s only for two people/PS4s. The only requirements are:

- a friend.
- ok no friends required, a family member is also fine.
- technically that’s also not accurate. Anyone will do. You don’t have to like them.
- one PS4 each.
- one account each.
- you log into your account on your friend’s PS4 and set their PS4 as your primary.
- he does the same the other way around
- When you buy a game, your friend will then be able to log in as you on their PS4 and download the game.
- Then they log back in as themselves and they will be able to play the game. And you can do the same.

Really easy especially if you have access to each other, so you don’t have to tell them your login details, which would be weird.
Yep, I have done the above with my nephews(brother in law's) PS4 overseas and he can play the games I own.

The disc drive itself makes the disc version look bad even without the price aspect imo

You are basically paying more money for a less aesthetically pleasing console

153748-games-news-playstation-5-event-confirmed-we-re-finally-going-to-learn-a-ps5-price-and-release-date-image3-wfkzj0ug4b.jpg

Can you not set the console to keep games up-to-date automatically, so when Person A buys a game it automatically downloads to Console B? That way Person B never has to login as Person A again. Only some games get a little odd with addon DLC needing to be kicked off that way. Thats how it works elsewhere.

The disc drive itself makes the disc version look bad even without the price aspect imo

You are basically paying more money for a less aesthetically pleasing console

153748-games-news-playstation-5-event-confirmed-we-re-finally-going-to-learn-a-ps5-price-and-release-date-image3-wfkzj0ug4b.jpg
It might look less aesthetically pleasing to you however 3/4 people want the disc version for a reason. And it's not the price(although the price is a good price imo if it is $499).

Can you not set the console to keep games up-to-date automatically, so when Person A buys a game it automatically downloads to Console B? That way Person B never has to login as Person A again. Only some games get a little odd with addon DLC needing to be kicked off that way. Thats how it works elsewhere.
Yes, if you have it in rest mode, the downloads should be automatic afaik.

Of course. Once Friend’s game is on your PS4, it acts as your game.

You only have to log in as Friend when downloading a new game that Friend may have purchased, and for every game after that.

You only have to log in as Friend when downloading a new game that Friend may have purchased, and for every game after that.

That's kind of surprising, because I'm used to auto installations to your "Home Console" [Primary Console] so long as you have available space.

But certainly not a deal killer.

That's kind of surprising, because I'm used to auto installations to your "Home Console" [Primary Console] so long as you have available space.

But certainly not a deal killer.

Oh I know what you mean now. I’m not sure actually, now that you mention that it probably works?

BTW, I hope the download speed limit on the PSN (since covid) will be lift off on PS5 release... I don't want to wait for hours to dl games&patchs... Here in France at some hours the downloads are limited to 40mb/s for months now. Before that or in a middle of the day, I've 600-700mb/s, no problem. They even announce it ...

"Il est possible que le téléchargement des jeux soit plus lent ou retardé car nous collaborons avec les FAI pour gérer le trafic de téléchargement. Nous pensons qu'il est important de contribuer à la stabilité d’Internet en raison du nombre sans précédent de personnes confinées. Nous remercions la Communauté de comprendre et soutenir ces efforts."

Is that Sony France claiming they're restricting download speeds for the sake of Internet stability?

No they went cheap with infrastructure, compared to MS or Apple or Netflix, which moves way more data than PSN.

Is that Sony France claiming they're restricting download speeds for the sake of Internet stability?

No they went cheap with infrastructure, compared to MS or Apple or Netflix, which moves way more data than PSN.

Sony in general. It's the same announcement in most psn status page. Btw they're using cdns (akamai,etc), so it's not their own infrastructure...

Then they must have paid for the lowest tiers of CDN plans because it's been bad for as long as Playstation has been online.

Back