Bloomberg on PS5 yields, orders, and price ranges [2020-09-14]

Lol common man. There’s no way it’s not coming tomorrow. How much more time could you possibly need 1 week after MS leaked all their shit and announced all days.

This is the same company that gave it's fanbase blue-balls back in January with a logo. A fucking PS5 logo! A logo that isn't significantly different than the current one.

So, I put nothing past Sony...:yep2:

I'm mean there is no reason to hold off on pricing anymore. They know what price(s) their competition is at.

This is the same company that gave it's fanbase blue-balls back in January with a logo. A fucking PS5 logo! A logo that isn't significantly different than the current one.

So, I put nothing past Sony...:yep2:
lol. my wife is trying to get me to explain why i'm smirking but it really is too stupid to explain. one of those, you had to have been there moments.

lol. my wife is trying to get me to explain why i'm smirking but it really is too stupid to explain. one of those, you had to have been there moments.

Yup... :LOL:

Anyhow, more than likely they will announce the pricing tomorrow. I'm just being pessimistic at the moment.

I am leaning towards $599 and $499 original price, that now might be 549$ 449$. I think BOM of these consoles is higher then previous gen and refresh.

IHS had Xbox One X manufacturing cost at $447, while Sony had to drop UHD to get to $399 with PS4 Pro with smaller SOC, less RAM etc. That was on 16nm node, with HDD instead of NVMe SSDs, cheaper memory, cheaper PCBs, cheaper cooling, cheaper SOCs etc.

I assume manufacturing cost for these will likely go north of $499, and Sony used DE to have leeway with price point in case XSX matches theirs. With MS's Xcloud strategy, they might offset lower yields by using these SOCs in XCloud blades, while Sony can't. One day to go now.
Yes. This is the situation.

This is the same company that gave it's fanbase blue-balls back in January with a logo. A fucking PS5 logo! A logo that isn't significantly different than the current one. So, I put nothing past Sony...:yep2:

Right. And at the start of the year when Microsoft were doing weeks on weeks of marketing and information sharing, Sony said literally nothing. Sony are on their own bonkers timetable but if you look at big sites like IGN and what's trending on Twitter trending, PS5 is dominating. It may be bonkers, but in terms of keeping talking about your imminent product, it's working.

If we get to 22.00 BST today and still not know price, release date or even pre-order date, I would't be surprised. This event is being pitched as being about games and the only reason I think Sony may talk release and price info is because unlike earlier events they have not managed expectations about what not to expect.

We still have have the teardown and if this takes place real soon, like next week, a price and release date may a week. Looking back at PS4's reveal in February 2013, shows almost all the features of the OS and this far Sony have not showed the PS5 OS or it's features, have not showed backwards compatibility and how they will work, they have not showed the loading times for PS4/PS5 games and I feel the price, pre-order date and release date really need to come once all this info is shared. Then the narrative will be "here is all this cool technology, now you can pre-order it for X on Y date and we'll release globally on Z date".

Don't like Sony way of communicate. I prefer a more transparent approach. Another reason to give MS my money this time. I find MS a more serious company.

I think price will be 399/549 or even 399/575... with the cheap one almost impossible to find at the beginning... the article is there to prepare the ground to a bitter price... people with large phisical library better keep the old ps4....

You realize that this would cause fans to react and be upset with Sony, right?
The cost diference between consoles (the BD player cost), can justify 50 dolars, and people might even accept 100 since digital gives extra profits to Sony, but never ever 150 dolars. That would create a wave of people not happy with the move that could cost Sony a lot.
I would go with 399 / 449 or 399/499.

XSX is targeted to people that are interested in the technological aspect of the console... XSS not. So MS did what was possible to explain, to give tech details and such for the product that we are eventually interested. Sony did not.

You realize that this would cause fans to react and be upset with Sony, right?
Multi-billion dollar companies cannot have their strategy dictated by a bunch gobshites on the internet. If they tell everybody tonight that they'll release price and dates next week, it'll be fine. People were upset with Sony earlier in the year for staying quiet and yet that doesn't seem to have stopped interest in PS5 being greater than Xbox.

Back