Sony Playstation Gaming Showcase [2020-09-16]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
SIE_Project_Nimble_LOCALIZATION_003_EN_01.0.jpg

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5

Streaming Links
YouTube
Twitch:

z7xwlch5nt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bets on which games are being shown? Consoles pricing possibly?

Last edited:
I reckon we'll get a list of sequels we can expect next year e.g. Days Gone 2. And an update on what PS4 games are getting free PS5 upgrades. Then they'll throw in PS Now and PS Plus merging to create a GamePass derivative which covers all your backwards compatibility with PS1,2,3 announcing over 4k games playable on day one ('cos everyone wants better than 4k now!). And then finally they'll drop a price and release date.

I reckon we'll get a list of sequels we can expect next year e.g. Days Gone 2. And an update on what PS4 games are getting free PS5 upgrades. Then they'll throw in PS Now and PS Plus merging to create a GamePass derivative which covers all your backwards compatibility with PS1,2,3 announcing over 4k games playable on day one ('cos everyone wants better than 4k now!). And then finally they'll drop a price and release date.

I still have a feeling something BC is coming, I would obviously prefer it be h/w based but if they ramped up PSNow and had a good price combo it'd be interesting to see how that stuck

11pm for me :sleep:

It only being 40 minutes makes me nervous it's not going to be the big fat reveal I want it to be including all UI features and teardown.

Still with this teardown? It will most likely be released as a video at some point, I'd bet money on it not being on tomorrow. Also because Sony has said it's a showcase of the games coming at launch and beyond - with release date and price thrown in as everyone is expecting.

Riiidge Racer!
Would like to see a new WipEout.
I think there was a rumour some time ago that some old franchise will be resurrected for PS5, Jak & Daxter?

I guess it will be a "Play has no limits" 40 min Ratchet and Clank demo where they are rifting through the whole game....then ending with price, pre order date and release date. After that we can all cry our "tears down" in to a good night sleep.:sleep:

Still with this teardown? It will most likely be released as a video at some point, I'd bet money on it not being on tomorrow. Also because Sony has said it's a showcase of the games coming at launch and beyond - with release date and price thrown in as everyone is expecting.

I really don't expect the teardown to be there tomorrow but I'm hopeful about new UI features and please God some Demon Souls gameplay.

It's all a distraction for me at the moment, it's the first time in my life as an adult where I haven't been able to pay my rent in full and it does not feel good. My year went from oh cool I can't wait to get some next gen goodness at the end of the year to a total WTF am I going to do now.

I think if they're going to show another ~30min of new game trailers then it's a great addition to the reveals they did in June.
It would be nice if they stated exactly what games are available on release date and what are available on release window.

I think there was a rumour some time ago that some old franchise will be resurrected for PS5, Jak & Daxter?
Could be but honestly, I feel that Jak & Daxter is a bit redundant with Ratchet & Clank, which seems to already be a release window title.

I really don't expect the teardown to be there tomorrow but I'm hopeful about new UI features and please God some Demon Souls gameplay.

It's all a distraction for me at the moment, it's the first time in my life as an adult where I haven't been able to pay my rent in full and it does not feel good. My year went from oh cool I can't wait to get some next gen goodness at the end of the year to a total WTF am I going to do now.
Hang in there, pal. You'll get through this in no time!

Hang in there bro/fam. I'm sure things will get better soon.

No idea where you are but get advice and probably approach landlords and other fixed outgoings asap to agree some sort of payment plan.

Your not alone in this and I am sure it's overwhelming but you will be ok.

Most of all take care of yourself.

Video links pending:
YouTube:
Twitch:
YT page is up, Twitch stream will be on their official account.

11pm for me :sleep:

It only being 40 minutes makes me nervous it's not going to be the big fat reveal I want it to be including all UI features and teardown.
PS5 unveil ~3 months ago was 40 minutes also. That's more than enough time for lots of games.

Teardown will most likely be in early November, same as with PS4.

Really looking to seeing some next gen gameplay graphics. We've had so little since their last event. Sony's first party titles aren't of enough interest for me to buy a Playstation, but they are always a fantastic showcase for real time graphics.*

*PS3 reveal event not withstanding!

I am hoping for new titles, ie not just a rehash of what they have already shown. Albeit they might just end up with a 39 minute Rachet & Clank live play through and stick the price and release on the credits after. But I hope not.

I think we'll see some real Spidey gameplay, since it's the only major game that has been confirmed for launch.

I suppose gameplay demo of Spiderman and Demon Soul's remake. FF16 trailer and maybe first trailer of GTA 5 next generation.

No Horizon 2.

Last edited:
Back