Kena: Bridge of Spirits [PS4 LTE, PS5 LTE, PC]

It’s a tiny studio, relative to most others, and I can only imagine the kind of pressure they’re under at present time. Good luck to them!
It doesn't sound like they are under any pressure. They have realised that they aren't going to make the deadline and have adjusted their date accordingly. Yes it's a bummer but I would rather have them release a game that's complete than a game that's broken. Good for them, I say. I can wait. Will definitely pick it up on launch as will many others it seems.

It doesn't sound like they are under any pressure. They have realised that they aren't going to make the deadline and have adjusted their date accordingly. Yes it's a bummer but I would rather have them release a game that's complete than a game that's broken. Good for them, I say. I can wait. Will definitely pick it up on launch as will many others it seems.

More than being a tiny studio, it is the first game of the studio.

More than being a tiny studio, it is the first game of the studio.
I understand that, to me though it just doesn't sound like they are under pressure. Also why would Sony pressure them when they know there's a virus that has affected the industry this year? I can see Sony telling them to take as long as the need to release the game and make sure it is the best it can be. Hence why they announced that they are delaying.

Was just coming to post the release is now August. It looks good.

I wonder how close to the cutscenes a PS5 only version could come. The divide between them and gameplay is enormous.

Price is $40 for base or $50 for Deluxe.

I wonder how close to the cutscenes a PS5 only version could come. The divide between them and gameplay is enormous.
I thought the cutscenes were rendered in real-time, but it turns out they're just pre-rendered videos as confirmed by the devs on twitter. They're just pre-rendered in-engine..
I confess that this put me off a bit. The game still looks nice but if the cutscenes are videos then it lost some of its magic IMO.

Let's at least hope they put high quality videos, at least H265 4K60 with ~30Mbps bitrate.
Few things are more off-putting than playing a game with a clean 4K60 output and then have to deal with a cutscene made of squared compression artifacts on a 1080p low-bitrate video.
Though if this fan film they made is of any indication, they should have at least that part covered.

Back