Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Don't know about this. It is the passenger aircraft that are sitting idle. I would imagine air freight has done rather well with everyone ordering more online lately.

I'm curious if disruption due to the pandemic and trade disputes could have added uncertainty this far into the year. In the spring, there were port closures and steep demand drops that would have had varying levels of idled transports or backlogs in the networks. Shipping logistics isn't a field I know much of, but perhaps a method capable of providing a narrower time window could reduce the uncertainty that some kind of shock could hit at the ramp-up period?

Yes, but they land in an unpredictable place at an unpredictable time and an unpredictable speed.
Hence the lottery.

Yes, but they land in an unpredictable place at an unpredictable time and an unpredictable speed.
As long as they land in the ocean, Sony can deliver direct to those fishermen their last ad was clearly aimed at. :yep2:

I thought they'd make PS Now part of PS Plus. One subscription for everything, now they just need to roll music and films into it as well.

That would suck badly!

If/when it would affect the Price.

Force bundling stuff always means that some have to pay for useless stuff.

Ps+
Psnow
Ps+ & psnow -15%

This would be fair.

12 months of ps+ is 45-59€ usually, if psnow would double it and I could not buy ps+ only = I would not pay it, way too expensive.

A lot of people. Specs are important. I just want to hear them talk about VRR, VRS, and ML thats it, oh and the cooling solution cause Cerny promised us they will.

A lot of people is at best a lucky guess. But I would not hold my breath if you are waiting those things. Other than the teardown that is. VRR is a hdmi spec i believe. But the other things are MS highlights not something Sony has even indicated that they care about. What happens if they dont have Int4/int8 because they do not believe in ML in games?

A lot of people. Specs are important.
Nah. A few forum warriors and geeks may want the info but literally a handful of people won’t buy a console based on the tear down (or rathe lack of)...a very small minority might not buy due to specs, but the vast VAST majority will buy it anyway because of one simple thing.

PlayStation.

Nah. A few forum warriors and geeks may want the info but literally a handful of people won’t buy a console based on the tear down (or rathe lack of)...a very small minority might not buy due to specs, but the vast VAST majority will buy it anyway because of one simple thing.

PlayStation.

i was promised a teardown..

A lot of people is at best a lucky guess. But I would not hold my breath if you are waiting those things. Other than the teardown that is. VRR is a hdmi spec i believe. But the other things are MS highlights not something Sony has even indicated that they care about. What happens if they dont have Int4/int8 because they do not believe in ML in games?

very foolish

6rsb31hoptq41.jpg

That would suck badly!

If/when it would affect the Price.

Force bundling stuff always means that some have to pay for useless stuff.

Ps+
Psnow
Ps+ & psnow -15%

This would be fair.

12 months of ps+ is 45-59€ usually, if psnow would double it and I could not buy ps+ only = I would not pay it, way too expensive.

Not always. For example you can get hulu , disney plus or espn on their own or in a bundle.

Hulu is $6 for the ad version , D+ is 6.99 , ESPN + is $6 a month. Or you can bundle them for $12.99

I think the issue is when you don't allow it to be broken up or charge more when you bring in a new bundle feature.

A lot of people. Specs are important. I just want to hear them talk about VRR, VRS, and ML thats it, oh and the cooling solution cause Cerny promised us they will.

I expect an eventual tear down to include very little specs if any, maybe some that are already shared. The tear down should be focusing on mechanical design and build, inside and out.

Reactions: JPT
Fiber is less than a km away, so hopefully it won't last for too long !

If you got line of sight you could probably set up a wireless bridge with something from Ubiquiti. I connect our stables 200m away with a wireless bridge and get around 400-600 Mbit/s depending on the weather.

I thought they'd make PS Now part of PS Plus. One subscription for everything, now they just need to roll music and films into it as well.
Problem I see is that PS Now isn't in all countries.

Sorry to disappoint, I don't see that happening. At least not any time soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPT

Games.
Fixed that for you. ;)

I recall them doing this for PS3. This really f***ing expensive, particularly now given there is much low freight capacity. If true, this is costing Sony an arm and a leg.

Didn't a shipment of PS2 or PS3's sink during a shipping over the ocean? can imagine they dont want to risk that again :p

As mentioned somewhere else, maybe it was in another thread. We have had pallets delayed at the airport, because the carrier prioritised somebody elses pallets, because they paid more per kg/m^3. So next flight for our stuff.

I am guessing Sony is paying in blood todo airfreight. Is it known where the production is being done. Is it Japan and China? I would guess air freight from JP to US then. And China to the rest of the world, trains are possible from China to Europe.

Train is between air and boat when it comes to time and price.

Last edited:
Back