All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2020 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be less they are entrenched and more that no one has angered the "independent" fan base that is fine with bouncing back and forth.

This is an interesting way of looking at it but I can get behind it. :yep2:

A lot can change. It's safe to say that the hardcore gamers are still 2:1 Sony:MS right now. That doesn't mean Grandma isn't buying little Jimmy an XSS though. :)

IGN voters probably are more hardcore gamers? We are talking about 140K votes it looks like. Out of what, 200M sold consoles across PS4/XBO/Switch?

No different than taking any other sample. IGN has a viewership/readership base over 200 million users across all their platforms. And the numbers presented in that particular poll represents slightly above a 2:1 split... pretty much the same split we see with the current generation of consoles. Hence, my comment of a more entrenched base. And more likely because of backwards compatibility being available on both systems. The number one feature asked for (voted on) during a previous IGN poll.

Last edited:
A lot can change. It's safe to say that the hardcore gamers are still 2:1 Sony:MS right now. That doesn't mean Grandma isn't buying little Jimmy an XSS though. :)

Who are these grandparents buying their grandchildren $300 and above machines, when the vast majority of them can't afford their meds and next meal? I'm semi-joking with this comment... :yep2::nope::yep2:

Funny thing is that the cheaper digital consoles end up being more expensive in the end. If I was limited by money I definitely would want to have device with optical drive. Buy used games, sell them after finishing, loan games. Have console pull double duty for dvd/blu-ray/uhd movie playback in addition to gaming.

Gamepass is still pretty expensive compared to buying(used), selling and loaning physical copies.

Last edited:
I don't know if it belongs here, but have a question.
Gamestop has a trade-in/preorder promotion that ends this monday, but I'm too busy until that day, so... being completely gamestop virgin I ask to gamestop veterans: do you think that they'll repeat this promotion or they will stick to standard values for now on?

IGN voters probably are more hardcore gamers? We are talking about 140K votes it looks like. Out of what, 200M sold consoles across PS4/XBO/Switch?
To be fair, that poll is from September. I would like to see some polls from the last two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back