Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Most of my wasted time on PS4 comes from the waiting for new giant patches to download then copy....

ooofff, don't get me started on Call of Duty, Xbox has a size issue; PC you're stuck waiting for shaders to recompile.

Why are you guys talking about patches? Mine are all done in the background- do you specifically wait for a patch to be announced and then try to play the game !?

Why are you guys talking about patches? Mine are all done in the background- do you specifically wait for a patch to be announced and then try to play the game !?
Sometimes it fails for me. Lol. Not sure why. I’ll come back Hoping it’s all patched up but nothing started until I step into the game and then the patch is triggered.

well when you turn on your console to play an online game, and get the notification of an update you know you won't be able to play for at least half an hour...

well when you turn on your console to play an online game, and get the notification of an update you know you won't be able to play for at least half an hour...
But the system does mine automatically, are your settings correct? Do you have enough space on the HDD? @iroboto ive never had an issue outside of space

I don't let my system in rest mode, but i meant, if you turn up your system at the time the patch is rolling out you're screwed for some time !
Of course it impacts only online games, offline games, you can still play them while the patch is downloading.

Have you never started playing a game and suspend it overnight, only to have a patch appear overnight? In that case, the patch will wait until you restart so you get the chance to save. I think it's only games not running/suspended get patched in the background.

Have you never started playing a game and suspend it overnight, only to have a patch appear overnight? In that case, the patch will wait until you restart so you get the chance to save. I think it's only games not running/suspended get patched in the background.

This. Right as always. Well, almost [emoji6]

If a game you’re currently playing (or is suspended) is patched, the game won’t patch while your PS4 is off, hence when you start playing it again, the process starts.

The download will happen while in rest mode, but not the actual update.

But the system does mine automatically, are your settings correct? Do you have enough space on the HDD? @iroboto ive never had an issue outside of space
Online titles seems to suffer from this the most. Destiny is also a big offender wrt to these types of problems. You only start patching once you log in.

This. Right as always. Well, almost [emoji6]

If a game you’re currently playing (or is suspended) is patched, the game won’t patch while your PS4 is off, hence when you start playing it again, the process starts.

The download will happen while in rest mode, but not the actual update.

well that makes sense, I guess as I don’t play many online games I don’t get affected. I noticed on Xbox that you can’t even play a game while an update downloads - so at least it’s better than that

well that makes sense, I guess as I don’t play many online games I don’t get affected. I noticed on Xbox that you can’t even play a game while an update downloads - so at least it’s better than that
I don't play any online games, it's just a case of a patch arriving while you're playing the game in which case you get to see the patch process.

Ironically, i prefer the first picture : the reflections look low resolutions to me.

I prefer an old well mastered technique than a new technique that requires too much compromises.

I wouldn't judge resolution based on a capture from a youtube video later compressed by twitter.

more shots from the nx analysis video
lxpA6pJ.jpg

oip5MzK.jpg

NM8BtDp.jpg

zxwoJfX.jpg

@Recop it's more noticable in those unzoomed screenshots. The floors look reflective as compared to the earlier demo, but the rest seems to have taken a hit. Look at the farther away distance details.
In the first shot the june one, it looks like the character is hovering above the ground though, but the floor itself more detailed.
This game is going for RT/load times as next gen features, not so in normal rasterization.

I wouldn't judge resolution based on a capture from a youtube video later compressed by twitter.

No, my point is based on the whole demo :

The reflections look a bit soft too me, but it's a small detail anyway since the game looks really good overall.

The visual gap is less impressive than that between PS4/PS3 though.

it's nice to see they even improved the graphics more since the first demo while reducing the hiccups during the portals. It's really a beautiful game !

No, my point is based on the whole demo :

The reflections look a bit soft too me, but it's a small detail anyway since the game looks really good overall.

The visual gap is less impressive than that between PS4/PS3 though.

They seem fine to me. You have to take into account that real reflections can behave in a similar way depending on the material they are reflecting into.

In any case, looks better than the twitter shot and you still have the awful youtube compression. Which is nice to get a feeling of the overall look of the game, but do a poor job when examining the details.

You have to take into account that real reflections can behave in a similar way depending on the material they are reflecting into.

Obviously, but even with this factor taken into account.

I'm certain that DF will find those reflections run at a lower resolution.

Back