Would I regret a 1440 instead of 4k monitor

The quality dropped substantially for QLED while remaining pristine for OLED. The QLED based sets have a substantial portion of their IQ from post-processing, while OLED is natuve to the panel.

Some blooming is inevitable in LCDs, and the Samsung Q70R comes with good native contrast so local dimming doesn't add much. Oher reviews do not make such a big deal of it.

From my personal experience, it's a good idea to increase Backlignt intensity to 25 from the default 12, which increases peak brightness (with some negative effect on black levels) and really makes SDR signal come to life.

I don't know how QLEDs are even mentioned when it comes to gaming
At least premium LCD TVs use much better VA panels which deliver native 120 Hz without sacrificing colors. Typical 120 Hz gaming monitors exhibit visible errors from LCD panel overdriving, not sure how people can even stand it.

Last edited:
I think you would be if you'd owned a 34"+ for awhile. I won't go back to 16:9.
a dream, maybe in the future, in a few years, when buying a new computer with DDR5 and stuff.

That being said, 1440p and high framerates always, at least for me. Got used to play everything -almost- at 165fps and I see lots of stuttering at 60fps, 30fps is just vomitive, and so on

I'm personally waiting for a reasonably priced 32" 4K/144 Hz monitor. I guess I'm one of the few that thinks 144Hz is worth it.

Currently, for my gaming PC I have a 27" 1440p/144Hz Acer Predator and for my work monitor I have a 32" 4K Acer 60Hz (some VA panel). I really want the 32" size with the benefits of the 144Hz panel. The high refresh rate isn't the only benefit. GSYNC to eliminate tearing sub 60 Hz or unloacked frame rate is a big benefit as well.

120Hz or bust for me. I'd go 1440p240 before 4k120. There's no way I'll go back to sub-120fps gaming. I'll push for 240Hz for esports type games and around 120Hz for single-player stuff.

I've been keeping an eye out on the new vizio v series 40 inch. Its $230 but supports doby hdr and hdr10 . Its a shame that the v series doesn't have freesync but it could be a nice monitor for gaming . Waiting to see more reviews and hoping i can grab one under $200 to replace my old monoprice 4k monitor 32inch that has 30-60fps freesync but the hdr on it sucks

120Hz or bust for me. I'd go 1440p240 before 4k120. There's no way I'll go back to sub-120fps gaming. I'll push for 240Hz for esports type games and around 120Hz for single-player stuff.
agreed. Yesterday I was playing a game at 165fps, I did a test by lowering it to 60fps and it gave me motion sickness, I've gotten used to 165fps. I have lots of games with tuned graphics settings to play at 165fps and I don't get reconditioned at 60fps.

Also, I am using a 1060 3GB my sibling gave me anew -a couple of years ago-, which has sentimental value for me, so sometimes I give some rest to my GTX 1080 and use this instead and yep, graphics settings help a lot to achieve 165fps, but it's for the best.

I’m waiting on 8K 120Hz monitors before I upgrade :p

But then again I get the feeling I am playing vastly different games than the majority here.

From this review...

I went to the official page of the monitor and found out this... Isn't the PS5 supposed to be 120Hz compatible?

https://www.pixiogaming.com/px277

Optimized for
PC and Console Gaming

Equip yourself to compete in FPS, MMORPG, Fighting, Sport games not only for PC but also on any console. Compared to any TV or regular monitor, the PX277 gaming monitor is specifically designed to enhance your performance in any game you play on any platform.

Compete like a pro. Please note, only Xbox One X/S able to reach 120Hz Refresh Rate.

I gave up for now on a monitor and bought a LG CX. It looks glorious and if I get time to play games I can hook up computer to the TV.

Back