Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

You mean consumers who bought more Switch platforms than Xbox, while being more expensive and much less powerful?

Consumers are NOT "insanely price sensitive". Some are, some are not, but most want - that magic word again - VALUE. I know I keep droning on about these things, but when I see this kind of statement, my business hat goes on.
I meant casual consumers (gamers) obviously, as I wrote in the post prior , but I was rushing to respond as I had to get out the door to get to work. I didn't have time to make sure I carefully fleshed/parsed out what I was saying. Obviously alot of the people who bought PS4 at higher price points (eg launch price) are willing to spend more on hardware and generally aren't as price sensitive.
Given there are multiple tens of millions of gamers who bought ps4/x1 at launch prices or near it it doesn't apply to a large demography. But I'm talking about XSS which is obviously why I'm bringing up more price sensitive typically called "casual" gamers.

It's very difficult to keep those numbers up consistently considering that so many came from Xbox.
It's never been easier for either console maker to retain their same customers from the previous generation.

There's boosted backwards compatibility and there's a Playstation Plus program that only adds new games and lets you play them as long as you're paying the subscription.
By the time the PS5 arrives, any PS4 owner with a Plus subscription will have tens, maybe hundreds of digital PS4 games that play better on a PS5.

I meant casual consumers (gamers) obviously, as I wrote in the post prior , but I was rushing to respond as I had to get out the door to get to work. I didn't have time to make sure I carefully fleshed/parsed out what I was saying. Obviously alot of the people who bought PS4 at higher price points (eg launch price) are willing to spend more on hardware and generally aren't as price sensitive.
Given there are multiple tens of millions of gamers who bought ps4/x1 at launch prices or near it it doesn't apply to a large demography. But I'm talking about XSS which is obviously why I'm bringing up more price sensitive typically called "casual" gamers.

Casual gamers are not the only gamers sensitive to price. If you are not living in a wealthy westernized country, $500 plus tariff, taxes, or whatever might not be an appealing price for you.

A cheaper console may allow greater participation from lower income countries throughout the lifetime of the new gen.

Last edited:
I'll go one further and say that with next-gen it's the easiest and best time for both sides to pick up new customers since there's so much value to be had from owning both platforms. A consumer gets access to all of current-gen and all of next-gen. This viewpoint of course discounts those who own PCs to game.

I'll go one further and say that with next-gen it's the easiest and best time for both sides to pick up new customers since there's so much value to be had from owning both platforms. A consumer gets access to all of current-gen and all of next-gen. This viewpoint of course discounts those who own PCs to game.
I love to have both. But 500+500 euros are quite something. So I decided this time to only stay at XBOX at least at the beginning of the generation.

Finally!

Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).
Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.
Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5.

Last edited:
Anything definitive as to what information will be included?

Anything definitive as to what information will be included?
For you? just the inside of the power cord, maybe a quick peek at the back side ports ;)

Really hoping that disc version is cheap.
Expecting price and release date and pre-order dates at they very least. Hopefully we will see more games as well. But this year in general hasn't gotten my hopes up except to read about more delays.

Last edited:
I will say that the way they showed the console with the little ball things and the music in this latest teaser really has an epic feeling about it.

Who needs to leave the house after all this anyway??
I pulled my old 1995 MR2 out of storage because I could finally get antique insurance on it (25 yrs)
Turns out a bunch of shit broke in the last 14 years and I didn't even realize it.

There's no replacement for mid-life crisis than driving around in a 2 seater sports car =P Not enough haptic feedback in those ps5 controllers. I need no A/C, dripping T-top, a clutch so heavy I get knee pains, and a transmission that doesn't fit into gear properly all the time. That's living ;)

Back