The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

It's not listed on their site, but on Amazon Prime if you start watching episode 3 there's an option to skip to the next episode and it is indeed 4! :D

It's not listed on their site, but on Amazon Prime if you start watching episode 3 there's an option to skip to the next episode and it is indeed 4! :D

It's fully listed for me as Episode 4.

This is sort of how they did some of the Grand Tour episodes, sometimes they'd be out Thursday night, something not.

Ooof, good thing I read this thread before starting the series. I'll just have to wait a few more weeks to watch The Boys 2. I love TV shows because they can actually take time to develop characters and stories, but I hate TV shows when they come out 1 a week. :p Well, at least now I know to wait until the last episode drops.

Regards,
SB

Ooof, good thing I read this thread before starting the series. I'll just have to wait a few more weeks to watch The Boys 2. I love TV shows because they can actually take time to develop characters and stories, but I hate TV shows when they come out 1 a week. :p Well, at least now I know to wait until the last episode drops.

Same. I can't just do the one-episode-a-week-thing any more and the only TV show I've made an exception for in the past decade was Game of Thrones and that was mostly because was seemingly impossible to go a week without spoilers. Especially at work.

Well I like the antici....

...pation.

Its one thing binge watching something you've already seen before or catching up on something everyone else saw before but fresh stuff should be spread out IMO so you can discuss progress/plot with friends/colleagues.

The studios with the big shows like to have buzz after each episode across social media and forums etc. You just don't get that same level of discussion on shows when it's released all at once.

I'm used to binging now too, but for some series I really like I watch as they come out. I figure I'm living on borrowed times in some very strange and dangerous times so I might as well see it as soon as possible!

The Boys' Karl Urban, who plays Billy Butcher, has received his own short spin-off film.
Uploaded to the show's official Twitter yesterday (September 10), the short fills in plot gaps between season one's shocking finale and the beginning of season two.

For sci-fi fans, can recommend "raised by wolves" on HBO.

Frist couple of episodes directed by ridley scott, the ones I've watched since have luke scott as director. First 5, 50 min, episodes already out. Filmed on a big scale, with obviously a lot of money spent, mostly on a planet that in the opening shots looks not dissimilar to the one the prometheus was centred around.

Good story thus far, some timeline skipping back and forth as is usual these days, but I'm enjoying it.

So have I
You can just watch the last ten minutes of the last episode - assuming you recall the list of everything else that happened. But I found I enjoyed season 1 even more upon a second viewing.

In this series, there are no good guys. Only various levels of bad.

Watched the rest of released Raised by Wolves.
Weird combo:
Humans meets Terminator meets Pitch Black meets Forbidden planet with a religion vs atheism plot to boot
seems to work though (?!)

Finally finished rewatching Umbrella Academy S1, started on S2.
These are really well made.
Number 5 actor really has a great Sheen swagger to him.

Last edited:
In this series, there are no good guys. Only various levels of bad.
Have any of you read the comics? How do they compare?

(The impatient can grab all 12 volumes of The Boys plus some others at Humble Bundle for another four days.)

Edit: Some conflicting opinions on the comics (too graphic/edgy) in the Reddit thread. Also, apparently the first two volumes are free with Prime.

Okay, the Reddit thread says the show “gets dark without going into the garth ennis gross out territory” and “the Amazon series has made some hugely different choices from the comics. So you can enjoy them both in different ways.”

Last edited:
Back