AMD's Zen 3 and RDNA 2 Events (10/8 & 10/28)

Does anyone think the late October date for AMD's next-generation GPUs reveal, is quite telling? You would think if they had something competitive, that they would be spearheading campaigns on the greatness of their next-generation GPUs - NOW! Way before Nvidia's impending 3000 series launch this month.

Does anyone think the late October date for AMD's next-generation GPUs reveal, is quite telling? You would think if they had something competitive, that they would be spearheading campaigns on the greatness of their next-generation GPUs - NOW! Way before Nvidia's impending 3000 series launch this month.

If they did people would complain about a paper launch. They can't win at that game, you want to launch a successful product you launch it when it's ready and compete on merit.

If they did people would complain about a paper launch. They can't win at that game, you want to launch a successful product you launch it when it's ready and compete on merit.

I don't disagree with that. My thinking was more like if they had something already "ready" for launch, but waited for Nvidia to make the first move. But that first move was quite a shocker, postponing their product launch. Just some tinfoil thinking-out-loud questioning...

I gotta say this is slightly disappointing if true (i.e. reveals). A long wait ahead.
are you in a hurry to buy a new PC?

New details on Zen 3 have emerged and it looks very promising. I am pretty happy with the 3700X -had good luck with the silicon lottery, it performs well with reasonably low voltage- but for people waiting to buy a PC.... Gotta admit that I am more interested in the GPU side of things this time around and the new Navi reveal can't come soon enough.

Come late 2020 / early 2021, I will be on the market for a completely new desktop.

With Cyberpunk, I think it's finally time to retire my 10-core Ivy Bridge Xeon E5, X79 motherboard and Vega 64.

I just wish Zen3 had DDR5. Coming from a late DDR3 platform, I'm not very fond of investing in a new platform with such an old memory standard. I'm not going to postpone a new PC for a whole year because of that, though.

I'm still on an i5 6600K, looking forward to a bump to 6 or 8 cores with HT.

Same, some games really need more than 4 threads now. Looking to get a new PC this winter, Zen3 + Ampere that will hopefully last me another 5 years. That and a PS5 DE and I'm all set.

Well its more that my browsers like to chomp away at my CPU with only 4 threads & I also need more RAM (or you know, keep my tab count under control...)

Back