AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they're talking about product availability and not product announcements/reveals on those dates, especially for RDNA2, though given that they have stated it would be out before consoles, it would have to be product availability (XSX release date being Nov 10th)
Actually they didn't really state that, they said Big Navi would be their first RDNA2 product, which leaves the window open for consoles to come out first as long as AMD doesn't consider them "their products"
Yes it was to be expected that the packaging would be the same as Matisse, probably even the exact same IOD. And likewise for Milan. A very easy upgrade for AMD. I hope we get Milan reviews by end of the month.
Zen 3 event is just for Ryzen by the looks of it

These do *NOT* seem like launch dates... since the actual announcement spells: "learn more about the big things on the horizon". We are gonna learn about how supercool the RDNA 2 is in 49 days... Poor Volta marketing strikes again.
Damn this is 11th degree cope

Yeah I hope too. If not, they better have a interesting product. They need to make some noise after the nVidia presentation imo.

Edit : no tongue in cheek here. They running after nvidia and they're already late. Long term and if the product is good it won't matter of course, but right now the optic is bad imo. What is the point of waiting so long after the nVidia presentation ?
So then people can bitch about a paper launch? AMD can't win with some of you.

I really hope they're talking about product availability and not product announcements/reveals on those dates, especially for RDNA2, though given that they have stated it would be out before consoles, it would have to be product availability (XSX release date being Nov 10th)

Yes it was to be expected that the packaging would be the same as Matisse, probably even the exact same IOD. And likewise for Milan. A very easy upgrade for AMD. I hope we get Milan reviews by end of the month.

(Limited) availability should be there for Navi2, definitely should be there for Zen3, I/O die is probably a new revision (more of the same)

Yea, so lame. First a hidden Easter Egg in Fortnite that only an AMDer (who was told to look) could find.

AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series ‘Big Navi’ Graphics Card Teased In Fortnite, RDNA 2 For PC Gamers Could Be Imminent
https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6000-big-navi-graphics-card-teased-in-fortnite

Then a a tweet by Frank Azor got everyone hyped that the Big Navi reveal was going to be today.

AMD Could Potentially Unveil Big Navi ‘RDNA 2’ GPU Powered Radeon RX 6000 Series Tomorrow
https://wccftech.com/amd-big-navi-rdna-2-gpu-powered-radeon-rx-6000-series-unveil-tomorrow

Now all we see is that you have to wait ANOTHER 49 DAYS for something about RDNA 2.

This extremely long wait sure feels like AMD is having to do something serious with clocks/power just to compete with the 3070 and gives some credence to this:

Last edited:
You’re not personally handing out Zen 3 chips are you?
Nah, I gotta get 'em first.
Get in line, I need my 7Fx3s still.
I'm starting to wonder what degree of cope it will be in your head on 17th when people will start buying 3080s more than a month prior to AMD announcing anything...
Do you really think I give a shit what flavour of nVidia oven people buy?
3rd degree burns aren't me thing after OCed 7970.
This extremely long wait sure feels like AMD is having to do something serious with clocks/power just to compete with the 3070 and gives some credence to this:
rofl

These do *NOT* seem like launch dates... since the actual announcement spells: "learn more about the big things on the horizon". We are gonna learn about how supercool the RDNA 2 is in 49 days... Poor Volta marketing strikes again.

Well given Volta never released for gaming, I have to agree, the marketing was rather poor.
Actually they didn't really state that, they said Big Navi would be their first RDNA2 product, which leaves the window open for consoles to come out first as long as AMD doesn't consider them "their products"

Ahh, I thought I remembered them definitely saying it would be out before consoles. I still think it would beat the consoles to the market. They really wouldn't tease a product announcement 45 days in advance.
Zen 3 event is just for Ryzen by the looks of it

Yes my bad, I meant to say Vermeer. Got mixed up in the end.

I was hoping they'd do one event with both Zen 3 and RDNA2 in early October, but RDNA2 is end of October announcement. It's gonna be hard to wait, although I'm not getting a GPU that soon anyway. Hopefully, we get leaks before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back