Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

comes with Xbox Game Pass and XBLG
Yes I did see that :smile: I thought it was not necessary to point that out, but fair enough perhaps I didnt see it, my point is you and others have been arguing game pass is gonna make MS so much money in the future (thus its in their interest to get everyone onto it, and 2 year contract will feeel hard to break at the end I assume once youre used to it for 2 year)

if gamepass is such a good thing for MS they should be giving ppl very favorable terms (discount) for being locked into it for 2 years right?

SS = $600 (gamepass) vs $300 standalone
SX = $840 (gamepass) vs $500 standalone

now of course most ppl that buy consoles only need gamepass console, 24months x 10 = $240

300+240 = $540 yet they want you to pay $600 (you lose $60)
500+240 = $740 yet they want you to pay $840 (you lose $100)

(ok for the ultimate one)
300+360 = $660 yet they want you to pay $600 (you gain $60)
500+360 = $860 yet they want you to pay $840 (you gain $20)

The one that benefits the customer most is someone who is cheap enough that they dont want a SX but is rich enough that they also want to game on the PC (this is prolly the smallest subset of users) for everyone else its a bad deal.
If gamepass is such a good deal for MS (see what other ppl have proposed in the other thread, 'it will make them so much revenue in the long game') they MS should be making it attractive for ppl to grab it now, at the moment if you want a SX then you are better off buying it standalone

hmmm perhaps the SX will launch at $600

edit: just seen, with gamepass if you buy it standalone you get first month for $1 and they have done deals in the past for 3 months ultimate for $1, perhaps in the future they will as well? I think MS do occasional deals right, if you buy a year?
Like I said unless you only have $25 or $35 in the bank its not a good deal

(seems discounts still happen, heres a recent one)
from arstechnica
Update (06/10/2020 11:30am ET): Amazon has lowered the price of our featured deal by a couple bucks, bringing the price of a three-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership down to $23. We've updated this article accordingly.

Last edited:
Xbox All Access is 0% interest financing & does not cost more than if you were to get the service & hardware separately. Here's my breakdown.

XboxAllAccess2.png

Xbox All Access is the best deal in gaming if you want hardware and subscription. BTW, you can pay it off early too.

Tommy McClain

All access is pretty good this time. Game pass ult means all these games are playable on the pc also. If you’re happy with the library that comes with gamepass, it’s hard to see this as a bad deal esp as people seem to prefer subscriptions these days (I don’t).

I think that's a user mash-up. The line of "18 month console upgrade option" is what I'm keying in on. It's there for the One S and One X All-Access options.

Why are user mashes are almost always better than official marketing. It's a rhetorical question, because they're created by people who care and understand the product.

Not to derail this thread, but Microsoft confirmed $499 estimated retail price of Series X and the $34.99 monthly All Access price as well. Seems like the 4% discount is all the top performer gets.

EA are pushing it everywhere. The games are old and they want consumers to purchase all the DLC and microtransactions found in their games. I doubt it even cost MS anything at all.

Yeah, MS keep saying that Gamepass has value to publishers and I think that's what we're seeing in action. From my perspective, just having more games to dabble in is fantastic.

I may even have a go at one of the kicky ball games. Haven't played one of those for about three generations.

All Access expands to 12 countries...

Xbox All Access will be available in the following countries this holiday:

• Australia at Telstra
  • Canada at EB Games
  • Denmark at Elgiganten
  • Finland at Gigantti
  • France at FNAC
  • New Zealand at Spark
  • Norway at Elkjøp
  • Poland at Media Expert
  • South Korea at SK Telecom
  • Sweden at Elgiganten
  • UK at GAME and Smyths Toys
  • United States at Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Microsoft Store, and Walmart

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/xbox-all-access-expands-to-12-countries-this-holiday/

Tommy McClain

Existing members – more flexibility in how to upgrade
For existing Xbox All Access members, we’re excited to offer you even more flexibility when it comes to your upgrade path to the next generation. Beginning today, you will be able to purchase Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S with Xbox All Access at any time, including during the pre-order window, from any participating Xbox All Access retailer (US-only, subject to availability) while still completing your minimum payment requirements for upgrade. Terms apply; learn more about how to upgrade at Xbox.com/xboxallaccess-upgrade.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access/upgrade

Tommy McClain

EA are pushing it everywhere. The games are old and they want consumers to purchase all the DLC and microtransactions found in their games. I doubt it even cost MS anything at all.

Basing this off memory so could be off, but I think retail EA Play is $30 a year, which would mean a shortfall of $21 to EA after MS takes their 30%. So maybe only costs MS that $21 a year per subscriber? That would leave Microsoft with $99 from their $120 Game Pass yearly price or with $159 from their $180 Game Pass Ultimate yearly price?

Basing this off memory so could be off, but I think retail EA Play is $30 a year, which would mean a shortfall of $21 to EA after MS takes their 30%. So maybe only costs MS that $21 a year per subscriber? That would leave Microsoft with $99 from their $120 Game Pass yearly price or with $159 from their $180 Game Pass Ultimate yearly price?
Personally, I think it's highly doubtful it cost MS anything at all, for the reasons I've stated already. If anything, EA are selling it to MS for less than $1/month per user. Now that GamePass is moving to its $10/month price, it's possible it might be more?

Seeing as microtransactions/lootboxes is the bulk of EA's annual financial profit, I don't disagree at all. I just hope parents are aware of the possible damage the lootboxes can cause i.e. being compared to gambling and ruining a few families lives.

With the economy as it is and a lot of people without jobs, Gamepass and a cheap console is a good thing, however EA's predatory practises aren't.

Personally, I think it's highly doubtful it cost MS anything at all,
Does not make sense, of course they are charging them money.
If they wanted more ppl with EA play (thus more microtransactions etc) then EA play would be free now for everyone, but its not they charge 25euros/tear or 4euros a month

Does not make sense, of course they are charging them money.
If they wanted more ppl with EA play (thus more microtransactions etc) then EA play would be free now for everyone, but its not they charge 25euros/tear or 4euros a month
It can make sense by increasing your potential mtx/dlc customers by 10's of millions of consumers instantly.

Back