The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

How is season 2? I just linked my TV to my Amazon account. The Prime app feels garbage compared to the Netflix app.
App pretty shit but I find the video quality for 4k/HDR content much better.

Boys season 2 is silly fun as before. If you liked the first season, this looks like more of the same. Which is fine by me.

How is season 2? I just linked my TV to my Amazon account. The Prime app feels garbage compared to the Netflix app.

Season 2 feels a bit darker than Season 1 but that's likely because most of the secrets are known and you're no longer making new horrible behavior discoveries of the same scale as Season 1. There was quite a bit I forgot about the first season and still didn't recall all the details despite the previously-on recap, like who are all the guys with Hughie Campbell and what their situation was. They released 3 episodes from season 2 so far, just the right number of episodes to get you hooked back into the story. It's going to feel like a long time between the start of the season and when it finishes.

Yes, the Amazon Video app is pure garbage all around. Surprisingly some other video services are just as garbage. I don't get why it's so difficult for them to get things right. They have separate listing for every season and also separate listing if it's 4K or 1080p. About the only thing they have going for them is nice video quality, even on 1080p content it seems above others for the same content, for instance HBO video content is higher bitrate on Amazon Video than HBO Max/Go/Now.

When I googled Hawkeye I got him so I tried Hawkeye app and got something by Hyderabad police

Minor Spoilers at this link -- https://www.cbr.com/the-boys-season-2-hawkeye-daredevil/ , of course the way this was delivered was hilarious to me as everyone must be thinking the same thing for Hawkeye (or Green Arrow).

Eagle reveals that he ran out of arrows during a hostage situation, which resulted in people dying. This caused him to hit rock bottom.

My favourite but about the Prime Video app (on my LG TV, at least) is the way that the kid's profile won't let the viewer watch any shows for which some series are free but others you need to pay for.

So, my 4 year old wants to watch Pingu, for which there are loads of free Prime episodes, but gets a message saying you can't watch this stuff when he selects it!

It's not the same on other Prime apps which we can access, but it's hardly ideal when I'd like to funnel most viewing through the same source!

So The Boys Season 2 is getting review-bombed because people are mad it’s not being released all at once, which to be fair would be quite nice in this age of lockdowns and basically having fuck all else to do.

I guess no one is safe from review bombing! Right now 53% of reviews are 1 star on Amazon. Ouch.

So The Boys Season 2 is getting review-bombed because people are mad it’s not being released all at once, which to be fair would be quite nice in this age of lockdowns and basically having fuck all else to do.

I guess no one is safe from review bombing!

Do people really give much weight to user reviews?

That's why I generally tend to go by professional reviewers.

You mean it's not for the strong Girls Girls Girls mantra, I mean the "Girls Get It Done" mantra? Wow. Never thought the release schedule would be what tipped people.

Episode 4 will be released Friday and new episodes every Friday from then out until all 8 are released, and that usually mean around 8pm Thursday night they're available on Prime.

I couldn't stand not knowing, sorry. Had to find out.

Episode 4 will be released Friday and new episodes every Friday from then out until all 8 are released, and that usually mean around 8pm Thursday night they're available on Prime.

I couldn't stand not knowing, sorry. Had to find out.

Yep. I’ll admit, it is quite a strange decision considering the first season was released all at once, and the second one like this, at a time when a lot of people are at home doing nothing. Then again they’d just binge it in a day or two then go back to doing nothing so, yeah, much ado about nothing.

Back