Xbox Series S [XBSS] (Lockhart) General Rumors and Speculation *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be an equivalent PC setup regarding CPU and GPU? Just a rough ball-park as I've been asked by someone thinking of upgrading vs getting the XSS.

Ignore the SSD part, just the GPU and CPU please.
Lands before 2060 around 1660 Super performance. Can't tell to be honest, not sure about bandwidth or TF on XSS. On the very high side of things about 2060. Low side of things, as per leaks, 1660 Super seems right.

Feature set is 1660 Super with Ray Tracing.

CPU will still be an 8 core zen 2, but downclocked to fit the TDP.

contrary to some here, who think it will not sell well.
I'm very confident the SS will outsell the SX.
Though this raises the question, will publishers target the SS as the main xbox console and leave the SX extra power mostly untapped. i.e. Exactly what happened with teh ps4 & ps4 pro.
That 10GB vs 16GB memory would be a major PITA for development, has that been confirmed? I cant see MS thinking this is a good idea
If I would get one of the 2 devices I would prolly get the SS, though 90% sure I'm wont get an xbox or ps5

contrary to some here, who think it will not sell well.
I'm very confident the SS will outsell the SX.
Though this raises the question, will publishers target the SS as the main xbox console and leave the SX extra power mostly untapped. i.e. Exactly what happened with teh ps4 & ps4 pro.
That 10GB vs 16GB memory would be a major PITA for development, has that been confirmed? I cant see MS thinking this is a good idea
If I would get one of the 2 devices I would prolly get the SS, though 90% sure I'm wont get an xbox or ps5
Well possibly yea. If XSX is a 4K XSS, then that is one way to look at it.

Or the XSX is target and they scale down.

Possibly the best value console for next generation.

It kinda looks.. hmm.

socuzeikfvl51.jpg
Add in this for a center speaker.
RE1ZcPJ

The power won't be untapped, even scalling up from XSS, it will be eaten up by rendering at a higher resolution, it may not even be able to hit 2160p easily in that regards.
Size comparison mock up...

Source: @XboxNewsReddit

:oops:

Tommy McClain
wow that really puts it into perspective

In my head I was doing the $1 = £1 usual conversation.

Seeing it at £250 really makes me realise just how crazy cheap it is.
Won't be long before it hits under £200 in sales next year.
Is it cheap? What did PS4 launch at in UK?

In my head I was doing the $1 = £1 usual conversation.

Seeing it at £250 really makes me realise just how crazy cheap it is.
Won't be long before it hits under £200 in sales next year.

They have not dropped the mike, more drop kicked it.

That is an awfully impressive price point to throw down at the launch of next gen, especially with so many favouring price and 1080p (One S sales, and all digital sales Vs One X), no second jobs required here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back