Marvel's Avengers (Square-Enix) [PS4, XO, PC, XGP]

Oh god I forgot about Spider-Man on the Avengers game. Just thinking how broken the character will be gives me the hibbie jibbies.

Oh god I forgot about Spider-Man on the Avengers game. Just thinking how broken the character will be gives me the hibbie jibbies.

Everything I've read about the Avengers game suggests the whole thing is forgettable! :devilish:

Bad news. LOTS of glitched achievements in Marvel's Avengers.

- 50G achievement for beating campaign doesn't work on Xbox
- "Complete X Assignments" doesn't track correctly / broken
- "Defeat 50 enemies with Heroic / Ultimate Abilities" doesn't track correctly / broken
- "Odds and Ends" also broken. Cannot be unlocked. Tracking is broken.

PS. Everything works correctly on PlayStation.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n43126/marvels-avengers-buggy-achievements

These achievement issues don't seem to be limited to just Xbox. Looking at trophy unlock data over on TrueTrophies there seems to be several trophies that aren't unlocking correctly either.

Progress report: after being forced to play this, I actually FELL ASLEEP WHILE PLAYING and had the nicest little nap ever, an hour or so. No joke.

I did have a couple of glasses of wine before so that may have contributed to it. But I don’t think I’ve ever actually fallen asleep while playing a game, let alone one that I had literally just started.

Progress report: after being forced to play this, I actually FELL ASLEEP WHILE PLAYING and had the nicest little nap ever, an hour or so. No joke.

I did have a couple of glasses of wine before so that may have contributed to it. But I don’t think I’ve ever actually fallen asleep while playing a game, let alone one that I had literally just started.
I played the opening bridge sequence in the beta and it was incredibly boring.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n43159/marvels-avengers-achievements-not-unlocking

Marvel's Avengers Xbox achievements are still broken after patch

A new patch for Marvel's Avengers was pushed on Friday that claims to have fixed several broken Xbox achievements which were not unlocking or tracking correctly. While some are now unlocking, many are still broken.

The Marvel's Avengers patch notes for Xbox simply states: "Fixed an issue where achievements would sometimes not work." It seems that the achievement for completing the game's campaign "New Girl Makes Good" is now unlocking for those who have polished off the story. However, several users in our forums are still reporting issues with achievements not tracking correctly. It's all a bit of a mess. For some, achievements started to track but have now stopped, while others are reporting the same achievements not tracking at all.

Has your opinion changed any, after 11 days of potential additional play?

I haven’t touched it since. Actually haven’t touched my PS4 in a couple of weeks. But my partner has been playing it and he likes it. He’s playing multiplayer. I rather stick needles in my... eyes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...pc-causing-matchmaking-problems/#4d7aa7533a8f

‘Avengers’ Dips Below 1,000 Players On PC, Causing Matchmaking Problems

Avengers is currently in limbo, with Crystal Dynamics seemingly pushing back a number of its roadmap objectives while simultaneously trying to fix what currently ails the game (loot, loot and more loot). Since players don’t know when fixes are coming, interest in the game appears to be tapering off at an increased pace, and that’s starting to come with a few noticeable issues for players that remain.

Does that above paragraph sound familiar? Well, you might remember it from an article I wrote back in 2019. Except replace “Crystal Dynamics” with “BioWare” and “Avengers” with “Anthem.

Update: Here is a statement given to Kotaku about the state of Avengers and coming content and communication. Really no new information other than we’re definitely getting some sort of blog next week about what’s coming. It’s notable to me they say “in the coming weeks” when Tachyon missions and Hawkeye plotlines were supposed to arrive in “weeks” after launch, over a month ago.

Its odd that they don't at least make it cross play with the Xbox version of the game. It seems like a large missed opportunity because since its not a competitive game a console gamer shouldn't be at a disadvantage

Its odd that they don't at least make it cross play with the Xbox version of the game. It seems like a large missed opportunity because since its not a competitive game a console gamer shouldn't be at a disadvantage

It would be interesting to know Xbox player counts.

Maybe they opted to forgo crossplay to ward off issues when one platform has exclusive character(s) and the others don't? Its a real shit show all around.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...pc-causing-matchmaking-problems/#4d7aa7533a8f

‘Avengers’ Dips Below 1,000 Players On PC, Causing Matchmaking Problems

Avengers is currently in limbo, with Crystal Dynamics seemingly pushing back a number of its roadmap objectives while simultaneously trying to fix what currently ails the game (loot, loot and more loot). Since players don’t know when fixes are coming, interest in the game appears to be tapering off at an increased pace, and that’s starting to come with a few noticeable issues for players that remain.

Does that above paragraph sound familiar? Well, you might remember it from an article I wrote back in 2019. Except replace “Crystal Dynamics” with “BioWare” and “Avengers” with “Anthem.

Update: Here is a statement given to Kotaku about the state of Avengers and coming content and communication. Really no new information other than we’re definitely getting some sort of blog next week about what’s coming. It’s notable to me they say “in the coming weeks” when Tachyon missions and Hawkeye plotlines were supposed to arrive in “weeks” after launch, over a month ago.

NVM. This game is just a clusterfuck of mistakes.

Back