Capcom's Deep Down

It had gone F2P and then just vanished .... :( ! This was one of the dream ps4 games after WItcher 3. Witcher 3 became the game of this gen and this.......poof !

nah, I liked it. Co op medieval knights taking down dragons in caverns. I liked it all...had a very Demons Souls design aestheitc. But i guess its gone forever, or it will be something totally else when it does arrive.

Well I was certainly very disappointed with the shift in the visual quality. I lost much interest but I had some hopes that it would still be a technically impressive game.

Its dead jim
So does anyone know why it's dead? Lack of expertise to make the engine work effectively as a game or funding? Didn't SONY fund the development of the engine? I guess they conceded to Unreal, CryEnine, Unity?

While I believe for the most part it is dead, there maybe a slight chance of Capcom/Sony surprising us. The last official word on it...

There was a period where I thought you were going to be Mr. Deep Down. What happened with all that?

Yoshinori Ono: I haven't been called Mr. Deep Down quite yet. The original team is clearly no longer together at this point, but people might have noticed that we've kept the trademark registered, and it's not been completely given up on. Every year we examine titles we're doing in future, and we bring up projects to approve and move forward. There's not much I can say about it, but if you've noticed we've kept the trademark it means we haven't given up on the title completely.

I played it at TGS a few years ago and it looked really promising.

Yoshinori Ono: We did have the concept developed a bit further than that, but yeah...

they have been funneling this project into Dragon's Dogma 2, i hope.

DD anime this year, DD2 announcement at PS5/XSX "launch reveal", to be released on 2021... please.

I've been playing DDDA again this last few days and whoa, this old game is still awesome to play and to simply walk around. If they can make the original concept of DD a reality in DD2, that would be epic. Single player AND multiplayer. Maybe Destiny will finally got proper "killer". Not from FPS genre, but from 3rd person RPG.

Ono left Capcom so the game probably died completely when he left.

So does anyone know why it's dead? Lack of expertise to make the engine work effectively as a game or funding? Didn't SONY fund the development of the engine? I guess they conceded to Unreal, CryEnine, Unity?

Panta Rhei development problems as described by one of the devs back in 2015, as well as not knowing out how to design the game for online.

"We're still facing a ton of challenges," laughed Miyashita. "For starters, there's the whole process of developing games for the newest next-generation consoles. Every solution we came up with seemed to create more problems than it solved, so it has really been one step forward, two steps back the whole way.​

According to capcom leaker dusk golem though, Panta Rhei basically started development over and became RE engine.

Back