Nvidia Ampere Discussion [2020-05-14]

My 1080 is 100% voltage limited at ~210w TBP. I would be shocked if the 3090 isn’t temperature limited. Even with the weird new cooler 350w is no joke.

Yep. People can fit 2080 tis into some fairly small micro ATX cases as long as they're well equipped with fans to remove heat quickly. An extra 70W is a lot to deal with. I have a feeling under-volting is going to be a lot more common for people that don't want to replace their cases and/or supplies.

Is there a link for the event today? Anyone knows what time it'll be?

Oh I thought August had 30 days and today was September 1st!

The picture of the card looks so fake. Did nVidia forget to pay for the branding on the back?!
Only one day and a few hours.

Also, spelling, "2080 Ti" not "2080Ti" and "Minecraft with RTX" not "Minecraft RTX"

Also why would Nvidia needlessly muddy the water with DLSS, when DLSS performance hit is tiny... like ~4% in Control.
So lets say DLSS is 4 times faster on 3090 bringing it's penalty to 1%. The difference of 3% would not even show on that chart.

Also why give "doubters" something to whine about? Makes no sense.

Almost Fury Nano style, except for the fins. I liked the Nano a lot at its time.

Will definitely give him the benefit of the doubt as he’s been spot on so far. Only a few hours left.

Supposedly Samsung is selling wafers on the cheap. We can only hope yields are good enough for nvidia to “consider” passing on some of the savings to us. The power consumption numbers are still cringe worthy though.

Back