What do you do about your steam folder size?

As in the title do you have some sort of drive compression, folder compression? I recently heard of compactgui... a visual front-end for compact.exe in win10, which has some lightweight on the cpu compression routines. Anyone try it? https://github.com/ImminentFate/CompactGUI

I looking for disk space solutions basically but I figured i'd start with the games.
^*edit - am

Last edited:
Games data usually are already compressed tho. Call of duty family usually use zip. Destiny use oodle.

Btw gray area alternative for reducing steam game data, replace the game data with pirated "repack" but use original executable and dll.

As long as you didn't tell steam to do local data check, and there's no new update, it will work the same as legit game with way less size

Dunno will result in steam ban or not but I've been using steam with all kinds of illegal games data just fine for eons.

Hasn't been using any kind of illegal things since 2020 tho, as I've been out of work, I'm back to civilization with good internet. I no longer need to use cracked steam dll / steam emulator to assure my games and apps works absolutely fine 100% without internet.

Edit:

For even better storage space saving, download pirated lossy repack. Then only install things that you use (only select English, only install MP or SP, etc)

You can pick on a game per game basis where they are installed through steam. So i would just suggest buying a new hard drive. If you keep an eye out 1TB ssds are going as low as $80. They aren't the fastest out there but if you want to keep older games that wouldn't see a benefit to the increased speed on them they are great drives.

Back