Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

I don’t have my post handy, but there are also the L0 to L2 caches across the cores and CUs. I think it was up to 40MB or around there that were “obvious”, but I couldn’t figure out the rest, even with registers and the sort.

edit: nvm

Here it was:

Zen 2
-------
L1 = (32kB I$+ 32kB D$) * 8 = 512kB
L2 = 512kB * 8 = 4MB
L3 = 2*4MB = 8MB
Total CPU = 12.5MB
Registers/AVX etc. ???

Anaconda GPU
4 SIMD per WGP
-----------------------
I$ = 32kB per WGP
K$ = 16kB per WGP
Vector register file = 128kB*4 SIMD
L0 Vector cache = 2 * 16kB per WGP
Scalar write-back cache = 16kB*4 SIMD
Scalar RF = 10kB *4 SIMD
LDS = 2*64kB per WGP

L1 = 128kB per shader array * 4 arrays
^very confused at trying to read the whitepaper

28 WGP = ~23MB ???
GPU L2 = 5MB

Render Back End caches = 128kB per RBE ??? (guesswork - I think sebbbi did some tests back with GCN, but hard to say if there are any changes while I can't remember the amount he deduced)

Total: ~41MB accounted for
I think the coherency fabric blocks have significant caches based on the die shot.

Well... when the xbox 360 came out there was a comparison with an athlon64 at around 1.4 Ghz worth of processing power for the whole xbox 360 cpu. Well we will never know if that is correct, but we know that the CPU was not that much fun to work with.
I was speaking as somebody who has programmed both in anger.

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    170 bytes · Views: 15
  • image.png
    image.png
    411 bytes · Views: 11
I don't know what those are. Any idea of what they are?
They’re for coherency.

Non-smart ass answer is I’m not sure. Coherent means that various parts of the SoC are mapped to the same memory addresses and data. This would also ensure they don’t have stale copies of data.

Given there are 10 on each side, I’m guessing they’re some kind of queue for the GDDR6 interfaces (20 total 16 bit interfaces with the way GDDR6 is broken down). Whether these are just copies of what’s in local caches for the CPU or GPU, or can serve as a last level global cache, I’m not sure.

Looks like to be about 2-4MiB for each block.

Last edited:
The problem I have with the store (and the whoel UI) is, that is heavily dependent on your connection to the microsoft servers. And somehow they don't get this right here in germany. I learned that long ago on the xbox 360. If the ms servers react fast, the UI is fast, if they aren't the UI is sluggish. And most times here, the server-connection is ... well not good. It is not my internet connection (already checked that) it's purely on microsofts side.
I dunno my Xbox UI is fast in Germany. Are you in the preview program?

Size comparisons...

EDIT
g2s7tgu5wdj51.jpg
fq8w2hu5wdj51.jpg
4r3u0gu5wdj51.jpg
cenfoju5wdj51.jpg
h5jr8gu5wdj51.jpg

EDIT 2
dkzcjgu5wdj51.jpg
ynreamu5wdj51.jpg
lekplgu5wdj51.jpg
fhvhaiu5wdj51.jpg
tj0suku5wdj51.jpg

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
I don't particularly like the plain face of the XBSX. I think it would be nicer looking if it had some sort of microtexturing like microdotting to that giant plain slab surface.

I don't particularly like the plain face of the XBSX. I think it would be nicer looking if it had some sort of microtexturing like microdotting to that giant plain slab surface.
It will probably be the easiest console in history to add stick on skins to. I guarantee someone makes a bacon skin for it within the first year.

It will probably be the easiest console in history to add stick on skins to. I guarantee someone makes a bacon skin for it within the first year.

Stick on skins are great for limited editions but for people who have zero interest in skinned consoles like myself, it's kinda sad looking. Something like the Scorpio Edition would be nice to have. I actually like the round holes on the back half of the fridge.

Stick on skins are great for limited editions but for people who have zero interest in skinned consoles like myself, it's kinda sad looking. Something like the Scorpio Edition would be nice to have. I actually like the round holes on the back half of the fridge.

I'm a minimalist i guess when it comes to furniture and what not but in all honesty i can't really see the diffrence between this or other xbox platforms or the ps3/4 .

They all go into my entertainment and i like them to melt away into it

This is cool
https://i.redd.it/ff561afhszj51.png

and 14 or 15 year old me would have loved it. But the me in my 20s and 30s and now almost 40 ? yea no thanks. In my man cave i have some nice tasteful pieces of my gaming past but i try not to go gaudy. I want to have people in it , i want my wife to enjoy coming in and playinjg games

xbox-one-x-scorpio-front.jpg

The little details makes all the difference. See those microdots on the front panel and small holes on the side. The Series X is just plain boring flat surface on front and sides. Also it would look better if the design was divided like this.

smart4_800_0003_JUMP__Front_v2_800x800.png

Last edited:
xbox-one-x-scorpio-front.jpg

The little details makes all the difference. See those microdots on the front panel and small holes on the side. The Series X is just plain boring flat surface on front and sides. Also it would look better if the design was divided like this.

smart4_800_0003_JUMP__Front_v2_800x800.png

I mean i had one of those. From where i sit in my living room i couldn't actually see those details. That's why to me the x is fine. Maybe if it was on my office desk or right under the tv it be a bit diffrent. But I still don't think it would actually matter to me

I think the reasoning behind the blandness is 2 fold:

1. Cheap to make & simplifies manufacturing. This allows them to hit a low price.
  2. Open canvas to give users a means to skin it how they want. I thought they may want to open it up to Design Labs, but I think they will stay with vinyl skins instead.
Tommy McClain

Back