Movie Reviews 2.0

Take one LA Confidential / Shawshank Redemption / Layer Cake and call us in the morning.

Lol that movie somewhat frustrated me.

I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to take away from it.

We loved it! We have spent the last few months watching Netflix stuff which basically never has an ending - movies or shows all mostly ending without an “ending”. So this was just brilliant.

We loved it! We have spent the last few months watching Netflix stuff which basically never has an ending - movies or shows all mostly ending without an “ending”. So this was just brilliant.
Lol right in that case. Yea. That ended lol

Watched The Invisible Man last night. Really great opening and 2nd act and I was surprised at how much had been established in just the first 40 minutes. Very enjoyable movie but I didn't really like the final act. Still definitely recommend it to anyone though.

The first interaction scene in the kitchen in particular was really well done.

The Old Guard
It's just ok it seems like a pilot for a tv series but I cant imagine Charlize Theron doing a tv series but then again she is a producer so maybe she's invested there is also a plot device which would
allow her to make a quick exit out of any series.

The Old Guard
It's just ok it seems like a pilot for a tv series but I cant imagine Charlize Theron doing a tv series but then again she is a producer so maybe she's invested there is also a plot device which would
allow her to make a quick exit out of any series.

I thought it was a movie, not a series?

It is a movie, but it looks like a pilot for a series
I think this would get old fast. The movie's plot 'twist' was fairly predictable, the moment they introduced the notion of uncertainty I knew what was going to happen. And that's the problem with the whole premise; you lose all urgency and agency on the fundamental concept.

Back