Black Myth: Wu Kong [PC, Consoles]

chris1515

Legend
Supporter

An AAA game from chinese looks impressive. On PC, probably next gen console and cloud services. Look like a chinese God of war. It is using Unreal Engine 4.

cpNARuY.png

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bl...se-action-adventure-game.271341/post-42997368

Other concept art on era

006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4flsl2bj31cf0u0x33.jpg

Last edited:
The 13 min pre-alpha footage gameplay of Black Myth: Wu Kong is pretty awesome. Apparently going to release on PC and consoles. It's built using the UE engine.

https://www.pcgamer.com/black-myth-...nappy-hack-and-slash-combat-in-ancient-china/

Monkey takes on his opponents by beating them with his staff, using it to deflect projectiles, using what looks like several special attacks, and transforming into a giant beast to deal with large groups—apparently these are just some of a total of 72 abilities

Pretty impressive for an indie dev.

Uah!! Looks super cool to me...hopefully next gen consoles :)

Wow!

Btw...something western devs can learn here: showing actual gameplay of your new game excites people!

Gameplay trailer ftw!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent looking game, and also a great example of awesome art direction. The internet loves to celebrate the technical guys only when a game "looks great", but remember Godfall is in the exact same genre on the exact same platforms with the exact same engine, but this is the game everyone praises. And rightly so, incredibly talented artists here. And if it's anywhere near as fun to play as it is to look at then I'm definitely buying it.

Excellent looking game, and also a great example of awesome art direction. The internet loves to celebrate the technical guys only when a game "looks great", but remember Godfall is in the exact same genre on the exact same platforms with the exact same engine, but this is the game everyone praises. And rightly so, incredibly talented artists here. And if it's anywhere near as fun to play as it is to look at then I'm definitely buying it.
Godfall looks ok, but the mythology elements, as well as the gameplay mechanics of this game really elevates it to another level. As far as we can see from one trailer.
Who knew that turning into a bug and flying around a level would be something so cool to see.
I hope that the final game holds up.

My initial thought was it looked nice, and some of the close up character detail was "ah, is this next gen?". I didn't think the gameplay corridors / arenas really screamed next gen, even though it's pretty. Always a little harder to tell on a 1080p YouTube. The bits towards the end, especially the swirly clouds, very nice!

1. impressive visuals
  2. the enemy AI seems to be as dumb as Sengoku/Warriors game. Maybe design decision to make it highly scalable?
  3. the camera doesn't look to have any kind of easing when in gameplay, i got headache
  4. the animations looks clunky/rigid and limited/repeated. also could be design decision to make the game highly scalable.
  5. the sound design and scene/encounter design looks very manga/anime-like. awesome! but its lacking in LFE (although to be fair, its usually only AAA games that cleverly use LFE)

Looks amazing. What a blast to the past, I loved watching that show as a kid.

Substantially better looking than anything that has been showcased for next gen consoles so far, outside of in engine fakery that is. Would like to see how this shapes up for next gen consoles, especially considering it's UE4 based. First AAA from China as well. What a good start!

Back