Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Not sure this is going to help...

He was just the story guy right?

Tommy McClain
Yea Joe was the main story person. And he tried to fix crackdown.

He should be a good fit to lead it again.

Official:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/familiar-facts

And last, but certainly not least, we’re excited to announce that our old friend Joseph Staten will be returning home to Halo for a bit. After helping launch Tell Me Why this week, he'll be coming on board as project lead for campaign as we push towards our 2021 release. The team has been working hard realizing our vision for campaign and we’re happy to have Joseph’s help to get it to the finish line.

343i has been ran by a bunch of clowns from the very beginning. MS is now in full panic mode trying to salvage the shit out of what can be salvaged to ship Infinite and restructure the whole damn thing afterwards.
When you look at Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War... Activision studios are only given 2 years?
It's 4K, 60-120 fps, and supports varying levels of GI and VRS (their own software variant) for this gen and next.

When it comes to tech, they're just way ahead. Really a sad state of affairs for 343i

When you look at Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War... Activision studios are only given 2 years?
It's 4K, 60-120 fps, and supports varying levels of GI and VRS (their own software variant) for this gen and next.

When it comes to tech, they're just way ahead. Really a sad state of affairs for 343i
Halo's fall from success is on 343i's hands. Imagine if the studio was as efficient as ATV or even The Coalition. Halo as a franchise wouldn't be were it is now (in the gutter).

343i has been ran by a bunch of clowns from the very beginning. MS is now in full panic mode trying to salvage the shit out of what can be salvaged to ship Infinite and restructure the whole damn thing afterwards.

Hopefully it will be a good game.

Bungie showed with Destiny, crazy development process can result in a good game, even when the final release, DLCs (except rise of iron) and its sequel feels chopped off in tons of places.

contractors are expensive. The decision making here doesn't seem very good at the leadership level of things.

If they can't rid themselves of whatever this crap is, this series is bound to never reach Apex levels ever again. It's be around but never as relevant as it could be.
Those tweets (and the related article) are nothing burgers. This is how this (and most other) industry works in this day and age. 343i's issues are bad management & bad decision making (or lack off) not because they employ contractors like everybody else in the world across all industries.

Those tweets (and the related article) are nothing burgers. This is how this (and most other) industry works in this day and age. 343i's issues are bad management & bad decision making (or lack off) not because they employ contractors like everybody else in the world across all industries.
Well it depends on how many I suppose. If a very large percentage of the workforce is and you don’t have a good workflow to support it. But I agree it could be a nothing burger.

Well it depends on how many I suppose. If a very large percentage of the workforce is and you don’t have a good workflow to support it. But I agree it could be a nothing burger.
People would be surprised if they knew the % of contractors in game studios (hint: it's huge) The size of the studio also doesn't matter. Contractors are everywhere even in positions you wouldn't expect them to be.

There's 3 teams that work on the Call of Duty series. Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer games. Normally they rotate so each has roughly 3 years to work on the title they are responsible for.

COD: BOCW (the lastest entry) has seen some trouble in development as Raven Software was brough in to co-develop the game with Sledgehammer games. But due to differences between the two studios as to the direction of the game, Activision brought Treyarch in to finish the title with Sledgehammer and Raven taking on supporting roles. What a mess.

I wonder if Raven Software will be brought on as another COD studio going forward? With increased development costs (time, money, etc.) it might make sense to rotate the series among 4 developers so that each has 4 years to work on a title if Activision still wants a yearly release cadence for the IP.

Regards,
SB

Way back when (before Activision fucked over Infinity Ward), it was Infinity Ward that would focus on major engine improvements that would be redistributed out to the other teams. It was why certain enhancements/improvements wouldn't be seen in the other games until years later, it was too soon and too much work for other divisions to integrate the new improvements in their works. I think this was when they were on a new consumer release every 18-24 (?) month schedule and not the every 12 months cycle now.

I'm not sure how they deal with game engine now.

Halo looked bad in pretty much a vacuum, could you imagine how bad it would've been if it got released against things like this, COD?

Nobody was expecting less from halo. I was talking about the comparison with COD, it's better technically and in particular stylistically, but not another generation.

Back