Deathloop [PS5, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I am very confused with this game. I didnt quite understand how the concept works.
Not very impressed either though

I am very confused with this game. I didnt quite understand how the concept works.
Not very impressed either though
I too am curious about how it plays. The action and visuals are certainly reminiscent of Dishonored 2 and Prey.

It seems to be a general concept they've been kicking around for years. I don't know if you are aware of The Crossing.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crossing_(video_game)

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. It looks so similar to Dishonored 2. As if it's a future point in time in that universe. Like some kind of nightmare loop connected with the Void. Though I wonder if you can go non-lethal. This looks more like just kill everything.

I have my audio muted so might be missing some details. ;)

Last edited:
Arkane's art style seems to bring that impression.

Thinking/reading more about the game, I think their previous expansion to Prey called Mooncrash was similar in game design. They are essentially rogue likes. You learn things about the world, gain skills, die, reset, continue with what you learned/gained last time. This is a much more substantial effort than the lonely Mooncrash was though.

Last edited:
The game looks really fun. Jealous of the playstation fans that get this a year early. Hopefully if its well recieved MS will already have expansions and maybe a sequel in the works by the time it hits xbox and pc

The game looks really fun. Jealous of the playstation fans that get this a year early. Hopefully if its well recieved MS will already have expansions and maybe a sequel in the works by the time it hits xbox and pc
The Steam page still says September 2021....

Its on pc the day its on ps5.

It seems a niche kind of game. I don't get the big push behind it...

Sony need to sell hardware with unique games hype every quarter or so / Arkane need marketing to push their niche game.

Deathloop should be well received. It doesn't matter if people pick it up and then realise they don't like immersive sims.

Its said to support ray tracing, although very minimal, its still something. Also takes advantage of fast loading between 'loops', which should take advantage of SSD's in PS5 and PC's. Good for some comparisons i guess.

Back