Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (COD BOCW) [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

yX3icn5.jpg

i like the detail on the jacket with apparent "fur" ?

Is that Robert ?

https://venturebeat.com/2020/08/26/...platform-play-on-november-13/?ocid=uxbndlbing

Call of Duty: Black Ops — Cold War will launch November 13 on the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. But this year’s big title from Activision will be “cross-generation,” meaning players will be able to play multiplayer with each other on both the current generation consoles and with next-generation players on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X when those consoles launch.

Like last year’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Cold War will be playable across platforms, so players can team up with friends in multiplayer across PlayStation, Xbox, and PC. And they’ll be able to play each other across the current and next-generation machines in multiplayer and Warzone, Activision’s Call of Duty battle royale hit.​

The gameplay seems to be 60fps...

Sounds like they'll have a 120 FPS mode.

With next-generation consoles, the game will play at 4K resolution and refresh rates at 120 hertz, where the screen updates 120 times per second. Cold War will use haptic controllers. The solid-state drives (SSDs) with flash memory in the new consoles will have faster load times, and that means that the loading screens will be gone, with seamless transitions between cinematics and gameplay.

“We want to make sure that the framerate is responsive, and that it feels like there’s nothing on the technical side preventing you from having a good time,” Bunting said.

They've changed the wording on it since: https://support.activision.com/blac.../call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-editions-faq

Xbox One upgrade to Xbox Series X through the Microsoft Store is currently being evaluated and new information will be updated in this FAQ when available. Please see information below regarding the Xbox Series X version as part of the digital Cross-Gen Bundle.

MS won't let companies charge for an upgrade and Activision is planning to sell the PS5 and XSX editions $10 higher than the PS4 and XBO editions.

So the XSX Physical edition at 69.99 contains both XSX and XBO discs
The XSX Digital edition will always support the XBO edition

But if you buy the XBO edition, you cannot upgrade to the XSX edition because MS won't let them charge for an upgrade. They want it to be free.

I can only suspect the upgrade from PS4/XBO to PS5/XSX editions Activision wanted to charge $10.

I wonder if MS will cave. Not sure what will happen here.

So you'll at least need a PS5:Optical edition to upgrade to from the PS4 version? Even if you have the digital edition on PS4?

And they're not offering upgrades from Xbox One to Series X editions at all?

EDIT: Just saw Mr Roboto's post on at least the Xbox side of things.

So you'll at least need a PS5:Optical edition to upgrade to from the PS4 version? Even if you have the digital edition on PS4?

And they're not offering upgrades from Xbox One to Series X editions at all?

EDIT: Just saw Mr Roboto's post on at least the Xbox side of things.
The simple way to fix it, is to due away with upgrades and just charge everyone 69.99 and you avoid all of this.
Or MS caves. Or Activision caves and has to hand out free upgrades for both. There's very little reality in that MS gets free upgrades but Sony does not.

imo, MS will cave into the model to allow to charge for upgrades (or none at all) or it will just be 69.99 for everyone for all platforms and upgrades are straight forward and free.

Considering the confusion, I would prefer they just do with 69.99 everywhere.

PS4 cannot run the PS5 versions.
PS4 (digital or physical) can upgrade to the PS5 version for a fee

The XSX versions can run on both generations
The XBO versions only runs on XBO, no upgrades.

Hella confusing.

I don't think Activision actually thought it all through before making any decisions.

Back