Not asking for advice, but I finally bought a controller for my PC.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I gave up because I like Yakuza Zero and it's impossible to enjoy without one. I borrowed my kid's old 360 controller for a while, but hated the shiny feel to it and some chewed on knobs. (3rd party, not MS)

Ordered myself an Orda wireless gamepad from Amazon yesterday and got it today. After some futzing around trying to make the bluetooth work just like a regular bluetooth device, I got smart and installed the DS4Windows package and suddenly it all worked great! :D

I really like the layout/feel of a PS4 controller over the 360, much more comfortable to me..but I don't get the touchpad.

Just an informative, I sold out and got a controller. :(

As a heads up, I believe all the Yakuzo titles are on Game Pass (PC and Console), so you can give all of them a go if you have access to that.

As a heads up, I believe all the Yakuzo titles are on Game Pass (PC and Console), so you can give all of them a go if you have access to that.
My son has been bugging me for years to try the series, he fell in love with it on the PS3. He has all the ones available on Steam and the emulators for the PS3 only stuff. :)

My son has been bugging me for years to try the series, he fell in love with it on the PS3. He has all the ones available on Steam and the emulators for the PS3 only stuff. :)
Have you done any dancing minigame yet? ;) I kinda just want a cinematic mode with easier gameplay just to experience the absurdity of everything they've packed into their games.

Nah, not yet. It either wasn't quite as Windows 10 friendly as advertised or I didn't read it right. Hooked up to a usb cable it works fine, but bluetooth would just freak all my inputs out and blink white even though it said connected.

Picked up DS4Windows from Github, spent longer than I should have figuring it out, but finally got it all working in the end. Even got the touch pad to act as a trackpad in Windows, I'm very pleased!

Just it took forever and I had other things tonight so I'm not gonna be playing until tomorrow or Monday. (Wife is off tomorrow, I'll probably be cleaning/weeding/gardening/pooling)

I really like the fell, the wireless feels just like wired but not as clunky to use or taking up as much space, and the more I learn to understand DS4Windows the better I'll get it to work I'm betting.

Oh, and it had one of the cards that if I gave them my invoice number, e-mail, and a copy of a review they'd send me another one so I went for it. Supposed to take a while, but reportedly comes through. :)

Follow up, I really like the new controller! Much nicer than the 360 one for me, very comfortable in my hand. The touchpad is sort of stupid, but it works like a mouse in Windows 10 for me if I want so not useless.

I'll post again if/when they send me another one, or when they SHOULD have and I haven't gotten it and I get all whiny about it. LOL

Seriously, I would recommend this controller for a PC. It ain't bad. :)

I've had a couple of Xbox 3rd party controllers off Amazon for my kids, they've been great. I only ever used wired controllers though.

Maybe you should have just gotten a 3rd party Xbox One controller. :p
I don't like the shape of it as much, and it feels weird not to have the two sticks on the same level for me. I haven't used a controller in a long, long time except for GTA V and that was a special case of I HAD to if I wanted to play it before all the spoilers came out. :p

I bought a gamepad not too long ago (copy + paste from my ryzen thread)
Finally decided to buy another gamepad because i thought it would be good to have a backup.
y38S0p7.jpg

Why ?
1. It's dirt cheap
2. It has a playstation style layout, I have xbox type pads but sometimes I prefer this layout.
3. It can switch between x-input and direct-input mode so old games have no problems
4. You can make the left thumbstick act like a d-pad (and the left d-pad act like a thumbstick) if you prefer the xbox style layout
5. It's wired, wireless is cool but the batteries have a habit of running out at the worst possible time and then you have to spend hours searching the house for fresh batteries, plus there are no awkward questions like "Dav how come the remote on the t.v has suddenly stopped working"

Ive also got a Logitec Wireless Rumblepad 2
iEnBJP9.jpg

and an Xbox 360 wireless pad
Edit:
just remembered I have one of these
rZo5Loc.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, mine plugs in too and works just spiffy without any software additions and behaves very nicely. I just like having the wireless option, I'm just going up a steep learning curve with the software for it. :)

And another update, I'd been given a card saying I could get a free controller so I followed the instructions. Just got an e-mail from the company that's a bit confusing, but I think the gist is since they're having trouble shipping free controllers they're going to refund my purchase price to my paypal account. :|

I'll keep you posted, I'll like this controller a whole lot more even if it's free! :D

I've been using Xbox One controller for PC gaming and it's working great. Same feel as when I'm playing games on console...duh. When I want to go wireless the Bluetooth works great. When I want to go wired, I just plug a standard microUSB cable into the controller. I wish the Elite controller was cheaper though, would love to have one. I think if they were priced at $100, I'd definitely get one.

Back