Current Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [post GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, maybe they continue multi-platform releases. I really doubt it, but they are known for making some odd decisions.

If they can squeeze 4 Xbox S streams from one new Anaconda Apu them maximising the games released for that platform may be beneficial in other ways.

Yea but that applies to a lot of titles. Mainly cyberpunk and other titles I enjoy for me. MP games always have shelf life. The controller thing I don’t care for. PS5 exclusives will still be a little thin for a while unless I’m looking to play the PS4 catalog. Which is what I want to do, but BC details are thin.

If you want to play the PS4 catalog then the PS5 is a good buy at launch. However if you had a PS4 this generation, to buy a PS5 at launch to play one or two games that one potentionally likes, meh :p It's the same every generation with every console though, at launch theres not much to it, and that's why BC is very important i think.
Il have one on launch but it won't be untill forbidden west it will get used really much, that means late 2021.

Yea but that applies to a lot of titles. Mainly cyberpunk and other titles I enjoy for me. MP games always have shelf life. The controller thing I don’t care for. PS5 exclusives will still be a little thin for a while unless I’m looking to play the PS4 catalog. Which is what I want to do, but BC details are thin.

I get that, but however you spin it there’s more reasons to upgrade PS4 to PS5 than Xbox One to XSX...surely that’s a simple fact. Remove the exclusives and the controller and yes, the reasons to upgrade are identical.

I get that, but however you spin it there’s more reasons to upgrade PS4 to PS5 than Xbox One to XSX...surely that’s a simple fact. Remove the exclusives and the controller and yes, the reasons to upgrade are identical.
Yup. Reasons are identical. It depends on where you have a vested library. The added advantage of upgrading is the fact that there are actual PS5 exclusives that you can’t get on PS4.

The added advantage of upgrading is the fact that there are actual PS5 exclusives that you can’t get on PS4.

That kind of depends on how they approach PSNow with PS5 titles? Will they not be on the service at all or delayed until they get their cloud services improved? And if then, will it only be on platforms with the DualSense controller?

That kind of depends on how they approach PSNow with PS5 titles? Will they not be on the service at all or delayed until they get their cloud services improved? And if then, will it only be on platforms with the DualSense controller?
With no announcements so far, this is the best we can make of discussion unless there is a very specific piece of news (that has occurred) that changes direction of their services.
PSNow has not yet announced PS5 titles yet right?

Last edited:
You can bet your life PS5 exclusives will utilise DS5, playing with anything else will degrade the experience- along with the resolution, delay in release (if it comes to PSNow) and lag.

With no announcements so far, this is the best we can make of discussion unless there is a very specific piece of news (today) that changes direction of their services.
PSNow has not yet announced PS5 titles yet right?
Do you know something we don’t?!

This is where the strategies differ and post-launch comparisons will be pointless. Microsoft are doing everything they can, including basically dis-incentivising buying their new consoles, to sell their GamePass service. Sony are doing everything they can to sell their new console. One is an established business model that have made Sony tens of billions. The other is a gamble. But it's a gamble with a fallback: if GamePass doesn't pan out, Microsoft have two solid products to sell.

ps5-price-release-date-leak.original.jpg

349 for the digital edition :/ And this is a leak so pinch of salt required - especially with the dates...

Source <-- BRiT

What strains credibility here is the Japan launch being ahead of the Global launch. Sony's competition in Japan is Nintendo and mobile phones and like PS4 they can afford to launch in Japan much later - PS4's Japan launch was four months after the global launch.

The only thing that I find odd is the Digital Edition price at $399. The rest is expected.

You mean DE ?
What’s odd? The general thought is it’ll make more in the long run and hurt the used trade

No, the DualSense.
From what Microsoft is not putting to keep the price low, and from what Sony is putting in, I was expecting a high bom and a public price nearing 90$
90? What are you smoking - that’d be suicide. As @BRiT said, maybe a bit more - don’t forget they make good money from controllers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back