How to sell next-gen consoles, Marketing, Positioning, and Pricing [2020]

I just need to know the launch date for Norway for PS5. If it turns out my friends ends up with XSX overtime or if XSX gets some titles i must play, then I will most likely get an XSX also.

Trueachievements are reporting on a Monster Energy and Halo Infinite promotion here. It seems to give the price away.

tl;dr

There 200 first prizes of an XSX and a copy of Halo Infinite. The prize pool for first place is $119,998.00 which works out to $599 per console. So minus say $60 for the game you get $539.

Last edited:
Trueachievements are reporting on a Monster Energy and Halo Infinite promotion here. It seems to give the price away.

tl;dr

There 200 first prizes of an XSX and a copy of Halo Infinite. The prize pool for first place is $119,998.00 which works out to $599 per console. So minus say $60 for the game you get $549.

good good find. it hits the sweet spot between 499 and 599, i doubt ps5 will be 399 so you have ps5 at 500 and xsx at 550, with no halo its going to be hard to justify the 50 dollar extra price point for the average person. UNLESS ps5 de is 500 and ps5 550. its expensive either way. lockhart is making a lot more sense now.

tl;dr

There 200 first prizes of an XSX and a copy of Halo Infinite. The prize pool for first place is $119,998.00 which works out to $599 per console. So minus say $60 for the game you get $549.

We've already talked about this a week ago when AzBat posted this information. https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2147056/

BTW: Your math is off. $599 - $60 is $539, not $549.

We've already talked about this a week ago when AzBat posted this information. https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2147056/

BTW: Your math is off. $599 - $60 is $539, not $549.

Does tax have to be assed in that value ? I think the highest sales tax is 7% in the USA. So thats another $42. Brings you right down close to $500

If this contest works in PR thats 10.5% for sales tax.

Like I said i dunno. But $500 could be about right

Other thing to mention is in previous give aways MS has given Gold for x amount of time. Perhaps the bundle price accounts for Ultimate

Does tax have to be assed in that value ? I think the highest sales tax is 7% in the USA. So thats another $42. Brings you right down close to $500

If this contest works in PR thats 10.5% for sales tax.

Like I said i dunno. But $500 could be about right

Other thing to mention is in previous give aways MS has given Gold for x amount of time. Perhaps the bundle price accounts for Ultimate

For giveaways, sales tax has to be paid by the distributors or wholesalers since they can't be collected from the winners. The winners are just on the hook for value of the prize which is taxed as income.

:D:(:devilish:

They also have the disclaimer that the winners will not be paid out the difference from estimated value and actual value.
There is no way in hell the contest runners have access to final pricing while retailers do not, and no way that MS has locked in the pricing with retailers without having announced it, this close to launch. That's likely a placeholder value.

The SSD alone makes Lockhart viable IMO as long as the price is $200 less than XSX.
Agreed. I think if the price gap is much thinner you insert the scope for delay due to prevarication and you don't want people undecided between multiple products. It should obviously be this, or obviously be that. One S and One X is a good example. Sometimes options and product overlap is good but not when it introduces decision paralysis in the consumer.

if it's 399 and 599 it won't work.
For it to work it has to be at least 100 cheaper than the current XBO-X (after discounts) for it to differentiate.

if it's 399 and 599 it won't work.
For it to work it has to be at least 100 cheaper than the current XBO-X (after discounts) for it to differentiate.

Why? What is the advantage X offers (other than 4K) and the drive?

XSS will have a much better CPU, incredibly fast loading and RT. I think anyone walking into a store with them side by side would be nuts to buy the X unless the X had a price advantage.

Why? What is the advantage X offers (other than 4K) and the drive?

XSS will have a much better CPU, incredibly fast loading and RT. I think anyone walking into a store with them side by side would be nuts to buy the X unless the X had a price advantage.

If he really means the one x then it wont matter because as others have said it was discontinued and stock continues to dwindle.

If we are comparing it to the series x . The $100 diffrence doesn't make much sense. For $100 you get a much more powerful system and if you have a 4k tv or are planning on a 4k tv near the time of your purchase it would be an odd choice.

Back