Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

nope, you will improve feeling and enjoyment of game but there are many very fast top split players using ds4 ;) in this game you can be as fast on pad as on wheel
Well, I have many problem on DS4. The acceleration assistance applied on the analog controls is the main problem for me. Particularly with motion controls, it's totally unintuitive. I just want to use my DS4 the way I use my real SW. It's simple enough.

nope, you will improve feeling and enjoyment of game but there are many very fast top split players using ds4 ;) in this game you can be as fast on pad as on wheel
I was winning a lot of daily races with the DS4 and beating a lot of the local players. Now I am just a bit quicker with the SW with a higher rating(or I was since I hadn't played in about 2 months). From my friends list, the only player above me with a quicker time in this weeks daily races is David Perel. My last daily race was at the beginning of the year.

If you don't know who David Perel is, he is a real GT3 Ferrari race driver. I am still about 1 secs behind(after my daily below) his time though but don't play as much as I used to due to work and other games like TLOU2, GoT and Fall Guy(grr).

https://www.youtube.com/user/davidperel

Just did my first Daily in ages and won. :)

Last edited:
David Perel is a pretty cool GTS buddy/benchmark to have.

I only managed a 2:30.774 with the TT. Really hard to control the wheelspin in first and second coming out of the last corner with my ham-handed DS4 throttle control (basically on/off unless I’m really paying attention). Also I’m bad at most of the other corners. ;)

Yes, car tyres really do make that noise. The tyres start screaming when at the edge of their grip levels is reached on the road.

Ok, its just that when I look at GT recordings, it does not look fast or on edge enough to be loosing grip/making those sounds. Also that it "feels" like you get the noise at 10 km/h also :)

Ok, its just that when I look at GT recordings, it does not look fast or on edge enough to be loosing grip/making those sounds. Also that it "feels" like you get the noise at 10 km/h also :)
I agree with you. I was already thinking the same thing since GT5. There shouldn't be tyres noise where we are doing a slow corner, but there is.

As someone said, tire noise is the main way games have to communicate loss of traction for a controller or non-FFB wheel. You can’t feel the car start to slide, so I guess they have to use sound.

Also, having watched Unknown’s vid, I’m most jealous of his brake control in the last corner complex: no wasted forward momentum.

The squeaking noise is pretty realistic. I drive on the Nurburgring and you really don’t need much, especially with normal tires in a very low powered car (I have a video somewhere proving it but the crash video above is obvious enough). And yeah it does mean that you’ve exceeded the grip range of your car. Though on the other hand some cars have such a great handling and weight distribution and grip, it is almost impossible to make them lose grip (I noticed this in a Porsche Boxter S for example).

There is room for improvement though when tire grip, temperature damage and surface interaction are modeled more accurately you should also see a little more variation in the sounds you hear from the tires.

The squeaking noise is pretty realistic. I drive on the Nurburgring and you really don’t need much, especially with normal tires in a very low powered car (I have a video somewhere proving it but the crash video above is obvious enough). And yeah it does mean that you’ve exceeded the grip range of your car. Though on the other hand some cars have such a great handling and weight distribution and grip, it is almost impossible to make them lose grip (I noticed this in a Porsche Boxter S for example).

There is room for improvement though when tire grip, temperature damage and surface interaction are modeled more accurately you should also see a little more variation in the sounds you hear from the tires.

Yeah, here's an example of a slow track but you can still hear the tire squeals clearly on almost every corner. Also the driver works on the physics of Gran Turismo. :p

The secret is braking in a straight line. ;) When you think you have grip then turn.
It’s the thinking part that gets me. ;) There seems to be a lot of time to be gained by trail braking, but maybe I should take it one step at a time. Anyway, I finally (barely) broke into the 2:29s. This was actually a pretty fun daily, even though I spent most of the time in the midfield.

I was winning a lot of daily races with the DS4 and beating a lot of the local players. Now I am just a bit quicker with the SW with a higher rating(or I was since I hadn't played in about 2 months). From my friends list, the only player above me with a quicker time in this weeks daily races is David Perel. My last daily race was at the beginning of the year.

If you don't know who David Perel is, he is a real GT3 Ferrari race driver. I am still about 1 secs behind(after my daily below) his time though but don't play as much as I used to due to work and other games like TLOU2, GoT and Fall Guy(grr).

https://www.youtube.com/user/davidperel

Just did my first Daily in ages and won. :)

I know who is David Perel (he now mostly play in ACC), there are many faster gt sport players on pad ;)

SR 80 to 13 in five to ten (I lost count) daily race Bs. Autopolis is tough. Had a much better time in race C, even starting from SR 13 lobbies. A surprising number of sectors in Brands Hatch to bump your SR per lap.

The penalties are atrocious. Bump drafting is no longer an option. I guess they went nuclear to shock poeple into driving politely, but I don’t know if it’s worked judging from the “jostling” in Autopolis. Hard to enforce clean racing when penalties are excessive AND not always applied (had a guy bump me into the gravel, no penalty).

Yeah, the penalty system is broken. They change it too much but it never seems consistant. I had a race a few months ago against these Germans and I was in the lead by a mile, went into the pits for a change and came out 3rd, chased the two just in front of me down very quickly but the bastard in second bumped me into the gravel at the last turn and got no penalty. Yet I lost so much time in the gravel and eventually ended 2nd. I was so peeved.

Just for posterity. Race A, Tsukuba N300. Started SR92. Someone side-swiped me mid corner, I got a 1 sec pen. I rear ended someone on the last corner, 1 sec pen. Other than that, I think I touched someone and received another SR down in the race. Lost 28 SR. Nice.

Edit: Okay, on the outside of the penultimate corner (hairpin) because I braked too late, the guy behind me brakes even later and pushes me off (Gran Turismo SP style) and I get SR down.

Last edited:
Back