Series 5, Parhelia 2...guys where are they?

Johnathan256

Newcomer
I've been waiting forever for the next PowerVR chip guys. What's the latest on the myth? Also, I thought I read somewhere about Matrox working on something new though that was a while back. Pardon me if this was all covered somewhere else.

Johnathan256 said:
I've been waiting forever for the next PowerVR chip guys.
So you've just popped back in time from heat death of the universe then?

Yep, he traveled back in time to tell you guys of what will happen if you dont get your asses in gear :p

Injoke

I think they are going to release the Series 5 just after that have finished polishing their EnTNL Turbo (tm) Technology.

I Know that Joe already has 3 of the boards on his desk, as they go well with Hummus + Lemon.

FFS guys hurry up and leak something!
:devilish:

yeah really! You know, I don't care if you have to fab the chip yourselves on a .25 micron process ans it runs at a whopping 11MHz, i would buy it!

Johnathan256 said:
Also, I thought I read somewhere about Matrox working on something new though that was a while back.
Worked on, stopped working, gave a generous gift of staff to ATi, retreated back to Montreal. They're too busy cutting their current designs in half to build new technology. :LOL:

Sage said:
yeah really! You know, I don't care if you have to fab the chip yourselves on a .25 micron process ans it runs at a whopping 11MHz, i would buy it!

I can send you a 180nm/175MHz KYRO2 for free if you want. It'll run better than that *snicker*.

Ailuros said:
Sage said:

I can send you a 180nm/175MHz KYRO2 for free if you want. It'll run better than that *snicker*.

=D Can I have one? XD I'll PM you with my addy. Seriously, I'm looking forward to Series 5!

I honestly don't really need it; you can however cover the shipping fee and get it, yet it might cost you as much as getting a new one. Crossing the Atlantic isn't exactly cheap.

dang, yeah that would be somewhat expensive. I do need to get one though to add to my collection. Mebbe I'll pick one up at the sidwalk sale in Dallas this weekend, last time I got a nice 3dfx branded Voodoo2 1000 for $10. :D

I wonder how long it would take for Baron to have an emotional break down were PowerVR to announce that they'd abandoned Tile Based Deferred Rendering... :)

Megadrive1988 said:
yeah I am very much interested in Parhelia 2, PowerVR Series 5, as well as the sucessor to 3DLabs P10.

Parhelia2? you can prepare yourself a looooooong wait. at least project that was known as "pitou" and was supposed to be successor of Parhelia, was contemted to death around a year ago. it is certain that Matrox is working on something, but I doubt it being even for so called mainstream. Most likely it will be a bit faster than parhelia and it might have some new features as well, but I really doubt it being full blown DX9 PS2 / VS 2 core. Matrox has stated that it has moved it's focus on niche markets like High definition TFTs, Multidisplay enviroments, Medical and even Military based markets. (they certainly have best foothold on those, which will most likely provide steady income for them. That again fixes steadily the damage they had with Parhelia, but IMO it's gonna take few more years before we see them back with another try.)

and the Series 5... Only time shows what's gonna happen. at least they are late from the latest date I heard, but that does not mean they would have missed the spot. In any case, every day without it being out, shortens the time it will have in spotlight.

successor of P10. It is certainly coming, but will be there any products based on it targetted to gamers market, is completely different thing. Also time shows that.

other underdogs:
S3 should really horry up getting Delta Chrome out. if their latest roadmap still is right, with in 3 quaters we should see at least paper launch of Delta Chrome successor. it's specs aren't in my knowledge, but at least PS/VS 3 should sound reasonable after PS/VS 2 chip.

XGI definetely works with Volari Successor, that's for sure. if it will be first SIS chip that can do Bilinear right, is still unknown. ;)

just my 2 cents...
(like anyone would really care?)

A good thing IMO would be to have PowerVR based Matrox boards, just like the m3D :)

Back