Unreal Engine vs Open World *spin-off*

I almost said the same. It was fine when I played it a couple of years after release. It was also fine on PS4 bar a little hitching during some point to point driving , according to DF.
Its fine on PC if you dont want to go above 30 fps. Once you do its still a mess on any available hardware.

John Linneman: There's a lot of Unreal Engine 3 games on the PC. All of those that seem attempt some sort of streaming like this, due tend to exhibit these types of stutters. (5:52)

So these problems we've discussed even date back to UE3. Going back to Halo: Infinite and that supposed rumor of 343i at some point dipping their toes into the UE4 pool with players being able to explore the ring - it's interesting to ponder just how many problems they ran into just to make it work on the engine.

Maybe enough to where even trying to get help from developers like The Coalition and/or Rare - who were Microsoft's main UE developers at the time before the recent acquisitions - proved too cumbersome and just switched back to their in-house Slipspace engine.

Most of Microsoft's first-party studios are primarily Unreal Engine. I wonder once Infinite ships if 343i will just fall in line with the rest of them and adopt UE5. Seems unlikely though given the problems we've discussed as well as Halo probably not being a good fit for the engine due to the scale they shoot for and also as @BRiT pointed out, getting Forge to work.

I wonder once Infinite ships if 343i will just fall in line with the rest of them and adopt UE5. Seems unlikely though given the problems we've discussed as well as Halo probably not being a good fit for the engine due to scale they shoot for and also as @BRiT pointed out, getting Forge to work
If they don't care about past Forge content, UE seem quite good at Forge style user placed objects? There's obviously Fortnight, Grounded and the rather nutty Satisfactory.

Back