Microsoft Project xCloud (Game Streaming), now offering Fortnite free without GPU membership

Here is what the beta app looks like, so the android app @rumaki was using likely didn't have the xCloud functionality. There is a separate section for streaming labled "cloud":

Screenshot_20200811-170710_Game Pass Beta.jpg

Took a couple of tries, but I finally got it & can say it looks just like that.

Tommy McClain

There is some big meeting tomorrow at 10 am est. Wonder if this is what it is about or something else maybe the duo ? Or perhaps the price for the xsx or lockhart ?

Here is what the beta app looks like, so the android app @rumaki was using likely didn't have the xCloud functionality. There is a separate section for streaming labled "cloud":

View attachment 4452

i actually have the update but if you select "cloud" and then select say, "Forza Horizon 4" it still goes to install on your PC or console. thats ok, growing pains are expected. NBD

i actually have the update but if you select "cloud" and then select say, "Forza Horizon 4" it still goes to install on your PC or console. thats ok, growing pains are expected. NBD

Thats not what I see/experience. Mine shows a "Play" button. Selecting it launches the stream.

Screenshot_20200812-193054_Game Pass Beta.jpg

Been playing some Gears 5 and MCC on my Galaxy S10. Holy shit this is neat! Sure the input lag is noticeable, but just playing those type of games on my phone is something I would have never imagine I could do.

Thats not what I see/experience. Mine shows a "Play" button. Selecting it launches the stream.

I have the same experience.

Really considering the Kishi, but I want a bigger phone before I do. Probably get a cheap clip first.

Tommy McClain

not gaming however.

You can only game on one device at a time. But with this beta you could have netflix on your xbox one going under your profile while playing a game on your phone with xcloud

Completely understandable. Wasn't expecting that, but would being able to still use the Xbox on non-games while I'm gaming on the phone/tablet.

Tommy McClain

Completely understandable. Wasn't expecting that, but would being able to still use the Xbox on non-games while I'm gaming on the phone/tablet.

Tommy McClain
it just hit the employee test flights this week so it will be awhile before it hits everyone

Back