Microsoft Xbox digital events [E3 2020 Replacements]

Something I've also questioned, all I could come up with was maybe in the August event?

Instead of wait for next show, it's become wait for next event.
Into flight sims or not, no one can doubt its beauty.
One of the few times, can't debate artistic design or technology used, it's just simply stunning.

Forza I stopped paying attention to since it became a run of the mill arcade racer.
obviously they have to deliver, but their saying it's going back to it's roots or something like that.... So may be up your street again.

I would actually like to play this, though I doubt it would look as good as the screenshot released on my PC
As an aviation guy, this to me really is absolutely incredible. Shame I don't have a beefy PC to run it.
yeah based on the arstechnica article about it today you need a top line PC
But even turning these settings down sometimes failed to move the needle on my testing rig, an i7-8700K CPU overclocked to 4.9GHz and an overclocked RTX 2080 Ti, both humming on an NVME SSD and 32GB of DDR4-3000 RAM. You'd expect a system like this to clear 60 fps at "low" settings, 1080p resolution, on something like a flight simulator, right? In fact, you might think this was the kind of machine you'd throw at a 4K display?

Unfortunately, depending on the part of the world I flew in, I ran into frame rates that could drop into the 10s, sometimes even before my plane took off,
I would be lucky to get double digit Fps

Reactions: Jay
yeah based on the arstechnica article about it today you need a top line PC
Didn't realise it was that demanding.
Be interesting what it could end up like on the xsx.
As long as not chasing native 4k, think could still be stunning on the closed box.
Wonder if streaming from the web can take advantage of the decompression blocks?
By the sounds of the state of the xsx dev boxes and how demanding it is, I'm not surprised if it isn't ready to be xsx gameplay demoed. Even though technically hardly anything has.

Yes I assume its most likely a streaming issue, so PC specs aint that super important, unless they are using a super good (and expensive) compression scheme to store the data.
Then again if its streaming a lot of data nonstop, the server costs must be pretty big

I'll still play through Halo and I'm sure it'll be fun but yeah it's certainly disappointing that the game isn't even a chart topper for current gen, never mind next gen.

My hope sits with Fable for the XSX showcase.

Forza I stopped paying attention to since it became a run of the mill arcade racer.
I've got high hopes for the new Forza but I think they might be going the same direction as GTSport. Heavy online focus with racing series. Followed by SP campaign as before. Hope road cars aren't ignored too much.

Can't remember if I ever posted it or not, but I've always wondered why there wasn't a system hdr configuration.
Then games would map to that.
Doesn't mean you can't have in game configuration to tweak it. But this way there's a reasonable baseline default the game will have to use.
Just seemed so obvious, that it didn't make sense not to have it.

Can't remember if I ever posted it or not, but I've always wondered why there wasn't a system hdr configuration.
Then games would map to that.
Doesn't mean you can't have in game configuration to tweak it. But this way there's a reasonable baseline default the game will have to use.
Just seemed so obvious, that it didn't make sense not to have it.
i dunno, sometimes the obvious eludes us until someone comes along and says, hey man, isn't there a better way to do this

Microsoft quietly announced they're dropping the "Xbox 20/20" phrasing...

[Editor’s Note on 8/7/2020 – Xbox has a massive year ahead of us, as outlined below. After reassessing our programming for the rest of the year, we’ve decided to stop using the “Xbox 20/20” phrasing as it implied that we would be releasing information in one way only, through a dedicated monthly show. We’ve got so much more to share with news about Xbox Series X, new games like Halo: Infinite, and cloud gaming via Xbox Game Pass. We’re going to share that news in a variety of ways. It may sometimes be a dedicated show, YouTube videos, partnering with others, or sharing the latest via Xbox Wire. We want to stay flexible with how we connect with you.]

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/05/xbox-2020-the-future-of-xbox/

Sounds like Jerret West, CVP, Gaming Marketing, may need to be replaced.

Tommy McClain

Gary Whitta, one of the hosts of Kinda Funny's new Xcast podcast will have Phil Spencer on his personal Animal Talking late night talk show tomorrow...
I will never cease to be amazed at the way gamers can use games like this. I hope they visit Phil's island, I would pay good money to visit Phil Spencer's island! :yes:

Gary hasn't posted the video on his channel, but Kotaku has a nice article on it with their video clips from Twitch...

Phil Spencer said:
Let me start just by recognizing the fans and the fact that is is a bummer, as you said, and I know it’s disappointing to people, it’s disappointing to us. We were looking forward to the alignment of Halo Infinite and the Xbox Series X as a really kind of seminal moment almost for Xbox looking back to the original Xbox with Halo: CE.

I’m not trying to deceive anybody, when I know something and we know something lets get the news out there and deal with it cause people are making their own life decisions on platforms they’re going to buy, consoles they’re going to buy.

While everybody was going to be disappointed, our long-term goal is to deliver the best Halo game we’ve ever delivered and let’s keep that goal and do that when we can.

Can we get the Twitch clip embed fixed?

Twitch TV clip

Kotaku said:
Spencer did say that Microsoft had at one point considered splitting Halo: Infinite up in order to get part of it out the door sooner, but ultimately decided against it. “It just didn’t feel, to all of us, like the Halo release that we would want,” Spencer said.

During the lengthy interview, which even included some dad-joke stand-up, the Xbox executive also briefly discussed next-gen hardware, saying that he currently has a retail version of the Xbox Series X in his home and comparing the noise level of its fan to that generated by the existing Xbox One X, according to The Verge’s Tom Warren. Spencer said cooling has been one of the biggest challenges this console generation, and suggested that was one of the reasons why the Xbox Series X and PS5 look so different from one another.

https://kotaku.com/xbox-boss-appears-in-animal-crossing-discusses-halo-de-1844712398

Tommy McClain

Full show here.

BTW he does get asked what he thought of the PS5 console reveal. He kinda responded but dodged most of it. Still interesting reply

Tommy McClain

Back