Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

I don't know they haven't specified it yet, it is dual lens but the blurb on sony.com doesn't mention PSVR at all. They're making an adaptor for the old camera so I'm hoping that means PSVR2 is delayed and will use an entirely diff tracking system because crap tracking is far more damaging to the immersion than FoV in my experience (also for the love of all that is holy replace Move)

Edit (replace "selling" with "making" I think they might be giving it away?)

A "TV" button on the media remote? I assume this switches to the TV in port signal. :runaway:

One of the accessories is missing - the DualSense 5 charging station.

A "TV" button on the media remote? I assume this switches to the TV in port signal. :runaway:

One of the accessories is missing - the DualSense 5 charging station.
For the TV power and probably input selection, and it has volume control. There's an IR emitter, so probably supports both IR and HDMI CEC.

For the TV power and probably input selection, and it has volume control. There's an IR emitter, so probably supports both IR and HDMI CEC.
I have an LG C9 and I assumed the "Magic Remote" was bluetooth because it works in different rooms. I don't know if the C9 even has a IR receiver, I suppose it must for legacy IR remotes.

I'll get the media remote if the PS5 is actually quiet when playing Blu-ray movies, which I have a ton of.

I can sell both my PS4 Pro and UHD Blu-ray Player; and have PS5 replace both. Should help me simplify things and save a little space. Though I might run a splitter on the HDMI to make sure I get a properly calibrated image input on my UHD Blu-rays and a separate low lag input for games. TVs are meant to have smart modes that can switch according to content but they never end up being that all that "smart".

I get them wanting to push adoption for the new controllers and its its features, but a happy medium would be to allow ps4 controllers for player 2, 3, 4... in couch multi-player. Not giving consumer that option is just greedy.
It's perfectly possible to translate the PS4 controller input and rumble into a virtual PS5 through a software layer built into the OS so so devs themselves don't have to care if they don't want to. Anything else is a lazy excuse.

True but let's say Housemarque brings out another amazing shooter on launch but this one supports 4 player, having to buy 4 DS5s to show it off would be crappy. Hopefully the announcement means that DS4 is not part of cert but devs may support them if they choose to, whatever library is supporting older non-standard peripherals such as wheels has to be supporting the DS4 to some degree given that's what those present themselves as. This would allow smaller couch co-op titles to bring as many people in as possible.

True but let's say Housemarque brings out another amazing shooter on launch but this one supports 4 player, having to buy 4 DS5s to show it off would be crappy. Hopefully the announcement means that DS4 is not part of cert but devs may support them if they choose to, whatever library is supporting older non-standard peripherals such as wheels has to be supporting the DS4 to some degree given that's what those present themselves as. This would allow smaller couch co-op titles to bring as many people in as possible.

With analytical number of 85 % of console buyers getting the PS5, there is a good chance that 3 of your friends can bring their own DS5 controller to your local gaming party;)

streaming works pretty well with the quest, there is no reason to not have a wireless PSVR2, but they can still make an optionnal USB link if people really want to.

streaming works pretty well with the quest, there is no reason to not have a wireless PSVR2, but they can still make an optionnal USB link if people really want to.
I am expecting 4K120fps for PSVR2 (4 times PSVR1). Isn't much more than what Quest needs to be transfered wirelessly ?

Back