Yoo.. Where is ?

That habit doesn’t conform with your name. LOL
In fairness I chose this handle in like 1995, things have changed a bit online and in my personal life since then. :p

I'm STILL wandering the digital world a lot, just sometimes I get busy in the real one for a while.

Shifty is a god. He can do everything he wants, even melting the earth's core.

Dunno why he isn't posting. He is doing fine I guess?

In my case I decided to stop posting 'cos there is too much mod intervention in the site. Tidiness is fine, however some threads are just kept more lively and alive with some related but kinda off-topic comments in them. But even the slightest change is either converted into a "spin-off" or moved-deleted -even posts that took quite a few minutes of my life to be edited-. A sweet point there would be more necessary, not too little not too much but the later is the norm.

Also my topics are heavily modified. :( I like my thread titles to be impactful, and the last straw was when a mod changed my "The PC of Superman" title to "The PC of Superman (HENRY CAVILL)". That's when I felt like..."I am done. I am done forever".

What was wrong with my title? :cry::( Other than that I felt fine before even if I felt slightly annoye most of my threads were changed, many posts were moved to irrelevant spin-offs or to obscure threads I didn't know about, I got banned from the Digital Foundry technical thread (fine, maybe deserved for mixing things up but nothing out of this world)...

BUT the thread of Superman thingy was too much for me to handle. :cry: I felt powerless and sad :cry: (as if even my simplest title wasn't good enough, had to come someone to modify it and make it less ambiguous) 'cos I wasn't deceiving nobody -just playing with words-, the thread had all the info inside.

It's not too much of a loss in such a technical forum, but I never cared if I was the most or less technical here, I always loved B3D, and that's what made me post here and keep posting here in the first place.

Shifty is a god. He can do everything he wants, even melting the earth's core.

Dunno why he isn't posting. He is doing fine I guess?

In my case I decided to stop posting 'cos there is too much mod intervention in the site. Tidiness is fine, however some threads are just kept more lively and alive with some related but kinda off-topic comments in them. But even the slightest change is either converted into a "spin-off" or moved-deleted -even posts that took quite a few minutes of my life to be edited-. A sweet point there would be more necessary, not too little not too much but the later is the norm.

Also my topics are heavily modified. :( I like my thread titles to be impactful, and the last straw was when a mod changed my "The PC of Superman" title to "The PC of Superman (HENRY CAVILL)". That's when I felt like..."I am done. I am done forever".

What was wrong with my title? :cry::( Other than that I felt fine before even if I felt slightly annoye most of my threads were changed, many posts were moved to irrelevant spin-offs or to obscure threads I didn't know about, I got banned from the Digital Foundry technical thread (fine, maybe deserved for mixing things up but nothing out of this world)...

BUT the thread of Superman thingy was too much for me to handle. :cry: I felt powerless and sad :cry: (as if even my simplest title wasn't good enough, had to come someone to modify it and make it less ambiguous) 'cos I wasn't deceiving nobody -just playing with words-, the thread had all the info inside.

It's not too much of a loss in such a technical forum, but I never cared if I was the most or less technical here, I always loved B3D, and that's what made me post here and keep posting here in the first place.
A pity since youre one of the best posters here, I love your enthusias, even though most of the time you've misunderstood what you're posting about :LOL: But I love it
Seems to be an overreaction on the mods part, they also censor some of most posts, I wish they wouldnt, if they are OT or whatever, just move them elsewhere (even to a sub forum called 'junk posts', just dont delete them)

Shifty is good for every subject.
He has a way of clearly and politely pointing out logical fallacies and critical thinking errors that are second to none.

Forums live and die by their moderation, and this site has always been excellent in that regard. All the mods really do a fantastic job, but his writing style would be missed.

Shifty is good for every subject.
He has a way of clearly and politely pointing out logical fallacies and critical thinking errors that are second to none.

Forums live and die by their moderation, and this site has always been excellent in that regard. All the mods really do a fantastic job, but his writing style would be missed.

Fully agree on that.

Back