Putting my PC in a new case with a few upgrades, but...

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
...I've kind of been trying to do it since about April 10th this year when I bought a new case. Picked up a USB hub/card thingy to add 7 USB 3.0 ports since I was running low and a new 2TB HDD to swap in for a 500GB I have.

And I haven't done shit since.

Not entirely true, I took apart my 580 and modded it with a couple of overpowered fans but it ended up running a LOT hotter than the original setup so I modded it back to normal.

Been meaning to do it, I've just sort of been swamped with the puppy and don't want to be down my rig for a night. Could someone please mock/motivate me? It's the first decent case I'll have had in a while, it has a side on it and everything so it'll keep puppy fur out!

Ugh, just had to post it somewhere so someone would kick me. Also got an empty older case with a mobo/CPU/memory to go in it and I picked up a PSU back in April for that too along with a wireless AC1200 USB dongle so I can network without cables while working on 'em in the other room. Oh and I have an extra monitor/keyboard/mouse there too as well as a fully assembled and working tower that my daughter STILL has to take up to her bedroom. Oh, and a thumpy 2.1 speaker setup that was thought broken but it was just some busted wires I spliced together.

I guess what I'm saying is would someone please smack me in the side of the head and tell me it's time to get geeking? I'm in a life rut from hell and sometimes geeking is my only way out of it, at least it never hurts as long as I don't spend too much monies. :p

Ok, the shit just got real! :runaway:

Have you made any progress ?

lVvCFo0.jpg

Can I beg for a one day extension? I forgot my wife worked Friday 2-9, Saturday 8-8, Sunday 8-8, and Monday 8-2 and I really have been spending a lot of time with the dogs this weekend getting them all integrated. I haven't locked anyone up in over 48 hours and they're starting to play together!

I'll understand if it's a no, I did request this, but I wasn't quite in my right mind when I was figuring out my weekend schedule and really borked it up. :/

Can I beg for a one day extension? I forgot my wife worked Friday 2-9, Saturday 8-8, Sunday 8-8, and Monday 8-2 and I really have been spending a lot of time with the dogs this weekend getting them all integrated. I haven't locked anyone up in over 48 hours and they're starting to play together!

I'll understand if it's a no, I did request this, but I wasn't quite in my right mind when I was figuring out my weekend schedule and really borked it up. :/
I will give you till the middle of the week. But i am going to pm you music videos

Which mobo/CPU/memory do you have for it?
An older I5 setup with 16GB DDR3 and a 690 I think along with some HDD, nothing fancy.

The is in my daughters rig, but I'm swapping it out for the R9 2x295. The 295 will work better for her.

I spent today in a hospital room waiting for my wife to get a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy, had to start early and got like no sleep. When I got home at 4pm today I ate and passed out. (She had to fast yesterday so I did too for moral support)

Just woke up 5-1/2 hours later and I'm still tired. Checking the net, going back to bed. Build PCs tomorrow. :)

Wifey's results were good, much relief! Got home from the hospital yesterday at around 2-3 and passed out until I posted the last post in this thread around 9:30pm. Went back to bed at midnight and didn't get up until after noon today, I think I was tired.

Feeling good but creaky now, gonna get some food in me and send the wife off to work and see about ripping a computer apart. :)

And instead I saw the bottom of the pool clearly for the first time so I vacuumed off the rest of the dead algea and cleaned filters and baskets and such for a while. Should be actually useable for humans tomorrow!

(Buffy decided it was open months ago when I started opening it, but I still haven't been in it yet.)

I know, I know; excuses. It's cool, do what you want. I have a plan.

Gonna get up tomorrow morning with my wife and just do my PC in the morning before anyone else gets up. A nice, calm time for me...and I won't be able to see anything until I put her back together so the punishment shouldn't be too bad. Only things I'm really changing besides the case is the CPU cooler, a new USB card, and some drive changing. (Do I disconnect my DVD burner which I rarely use or swap a 500GB HDD out for a 2TB one I have? Decisions.)

Back