Florida Man Strikes Again!

What is this Florida Man? A new species of human that needs to be given its own scientific name? Homo Floridanus perhaps?

Last edited:
I do not believe them to be human. SubHuman perhaps?

Need to watch the Twitter Video (warning: foul language in parts):

White male driving southbound on Florida Turnpike began acting strange, exited his Toyota SUV, walked on highway, jumped over median and on top of a northbound Semi Tractor-Trailer, then began striking the window with his hands. Trooper intercepted them 9 miles later...

Some, insider info on why the truck didn't just "stop." Truck drivers are taught, since Reginald Denny, not to stop until they can find a safe place to stop. He was probably on the phone with the Troopers while driving and they coordinated with the driver where to pull off.

Some, insider info on why the truck didn't just "stop." Truck drivers are taught, since Reginald Denny, not to stop until they can find a safe place to stop. He was probably on the phone with the Troopers while driving and they coordinated with the driver where to pull off.
The truck guy was actively trying to shake off (the guy who is either having a psychotic episode or on drugs) could of easily killed him

The truck guy was actively trying to shake off (the guy who is either having a psychotic episode or on drugs) could of easily killed him
The truck driver should have stopped and let the guy climb off the truck safely. The guy was visibly not armed and presumably not a threat to the driver.

The truck driver should have stopped and let the guy climb off the truck safely. The guy was visibly not armed and presumably not a threat to the driver.

I'm not sure I'd use 'not a threat' to describe that idiot. I very much doubt if the driver had stopped the truck all he was going to do was climb off safely.

A Florida man who thought the coronavirus was 'blown out of proportion' lost his wife to it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/a-florida-man-who-thought-the-coronavirus-was-blown-out-of-proportion-lost-his-wife-to-it/ar-BB18m9y4

A Florida man who once said the coronavirus pandemic was "blown out of proportion" has lost his wife to COVID-19.

Brian Lee Hitchens, a ride-sharing driver, told BBC News that he and his wife, Erin, had believed false claims circulating on social media in the early months of the pandemic downplaying the disease or linking it to conspiracy theories around 5G. Some of the misinformation the two saw online also likened the disease to the flu, making the coronavirus seem far more treatable than it is.

Believing those debunked or false claims, neither of them adhered to recommended precautions from health officials, he said.

But Hitchens continued his job as a driver without wearing a mask or enforcing social distancing.

"We thought the government was using it to distract us," he told BBC News, "or it was to do with 5G."

Both contracted the virus in May, when BBC News first wrote about their story. Hitchens recovered, but his wife, a pastor who had been on a ventilator, died this month, the outlet reported Tuesday.

Back