Kat Walk C

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
New treadmill for VR

The kickstarter is over 1m now so its fully funded a few times over. The price now is $1k at the current backer levels. Which is way to high IMO but the original early bird bundle of $700 was a pretty good price. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/katvr/kat-walk-c-ready-player-one-vr-treadmill-at-your-home?ref=discovery&term=kat walk c

I've said it before but to me this is a bigger game changer than room scale. I have used many room scale systems and they are amazing. However at the end of the day your limited by the room your in. Many of us can't devote a full room with little to no furniture in it. However one of tehse can fit in the corner of the room or replace a treadmill or exercise bike.

This one also seems much more realistic than the earlier ones that you can see in the backround which i think are used in arcades

I linked to this video because he goes into the software behind it. I think this imo is the best part of this treadmill. Its something that previous treadmills didn't have.

The biggest issue is that the previous companies fizzled out after either failing to deliver or delving a few things. If they can clean up some of the rough edges by release and get a wide release at $500 I think this could be the missing part for many people

I found some more videos from them

Skyrim
half life alyx
pavlov
Boneworks

Last edited:
bbc1eaab274e449754508b7df537c2a1_original.jpg

They funded at 1.667m

Here is the time line

4cc145f78c4506018da542a8c71a6959_original.jpg

It will be interesting to see if they start shipping this year like they said. I feel like its a really quick turn around. However if they do start shipping this year it could be really good news.

I said before I think sub $800 is the sweet spot for this. We will see what they come up with

Back