Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

343/MS should have announced free-to-play MP and 120FPS at the event! That's huge news! Why does MS hate Xbox so much? lol

Marketing isn't their strongest point lol. I think they started off rather well with the OG Xbox in 2001, their advertising was much better then imo. Their PR went downwards after that imo.

Quite special i think for being console, they seem to aim for esports with halo i think? Apex/fornite market they want to have a piece of? Explains the graphics atleast.

120fps isn't exactly hard. Especially as I don't expect it to be at 4k.
4k60 fps

I expect the 1X to be 60fps and more then likely the XO also.

But given how it looked, wouldn't surprise me if people are expecting 4k120 fps

I wonder if they're still rolling a baked solution for MP as then they'd just be taking Halo 5 MP to double framerate with 2x Scorpio power in that regard.

Will there be a 1080p quality mode? I couldn't care less for high frame rates.

Tommy McClain

Guessing the 120fps mode is @1080p or something

Halo multiplayer maps tend to be small and simple. I'd guess dynamic resolution/shading rate and 120fps, maybe hovering something like 1440p, but giving 4k in corridors or when there isn't a lot of action happening.

Is the campaign 4k60? After the showcase the head of 343i came out and said it's running a smooooooth 60 but I don't remember if he said it was at 4k.
he said it would be a flawless 60fps up to 4K. It wasn't 60, definitely some dips here and there coupled with some form of reconstruction or lower than native techniques. Not really sure what to call it, since it wasn't VRS, but it's not dynamic resolution.

Come up with their own ML version of dlss and you can do 4K 120fps. Let’s do some real next gen stuff.

This is great news still as it moves the consoles forward in a big way. Puts pressure on other shooters also. Sooner we ditch 30fps the better.

If we can get to a point where SP is 60 and MP is 120 as the norm, that’s a major leap for gaming. With some of frame reconstruction techniques, it’s totally doable without a hit to PQ.

For conpetitive mp 60fps is far from ideal. Even for casual mp 60 isn’t all that great if your used to higher.
Played alit of bf4 at 144, going to 60 feels wrong then.

Back