Cuphead. Classic cartoons; [XO, XOX, XPA, PC, NX, PS4]

Wait... it wasn't on PS4? lol

I'm not sure how the deal worked with Microsoft. It was PC and Xbox, then later Nintendo Switch. The Nintendo announcement was made by Microsoft, I think, so I imagine they had some control over it. Now it's Playstation, but I'm not sure who the publisher is on the PS4 version, or whether Microsoft had any decision making in that.

I'm not sure how the deal worked with Microsoft. It was PC and Xbox, then later Nintendo Switch. The Nintendo announcement was made by Microsoft, I think, so I imagine they had some control over it. Now it's Playstation, but I'm not sure who the publisher is on the PS4 version, or whether Microsoft had any decision making in that.
hm... The Xbox page indicates it was self-published. Is it considered iD@Xbox? Guessing it falls under indie publishing. The Switch trailer didn't seem to indicate MS though.

Thanks. Yeah, timed exclusive does sound more likely. I'm sure their being a small group also played a part in the staggered release. Maybe they received some help to quickly get the PC version running alongside the Xbox version (most similar).

IT was a great deal for them and Microsoft. Originally the game was going to be just boss battles but then it blew up after being in an ms press conference and they were able to devote more time and funds to it thanks to MS to flesh out the game and create the platforming stages.

I hope the dlc is good and we get a part 2 and yea i can't beat the game either

I tried to play this on Switch when it came out and well, I just couldn't. Did they tweak the difficulty at all since launch? I heard it was difficult but that was just ridiculous...

I did prevail through the dificulty with this game, but I agree it was unnecesarely unforgiving.

It takes you accepting that you will just have to play with patience. The thing is, I hate games that ask me to play with patience. I much prefer games that let me improvise my way through in a moment to moment basis, and give me expressive enough tools to make that be possible while still fun and challenging.

Basically, I hated every second of gameplay in Cuphead, but did finish it just out of spite. So I can at least attest that it is indeed possible. It feels to me like a virgin's idea of fun though.

I did prevail through the dificulty with this game, but I agree it was unnecesarely unforgiving.

It takes you accepting that you will just have to play with patience. The thing is, I hate games that ask me to play with patience. I much prefer games that let me improvise my way through in a moment to moment basis, and give me expressive enough tools to make that be possible while still fun and challenging.

Basically, I hated every second of gameplay in Cuphead, but did finish it just out of spite. So I can at least attest that it is indeed possible. It feels to me like a virgin's idea of fun though.

Yeah definitely not for me!

That much? :smile:
Is it just one difficulty mode?

For bosses there are 2 modes: simple & regular. Simple will lock you from some content. You would need to play on Regular to finish the full game. Even Simple was really rough for me. LOL

Tommy McClain

I think for the boss fights, regular has maybe 5 attack phases, on simple they have 3 attack phases. That is the only difference.

I feel like 60fps would have made this game passable for most people, I'm stuck on Dice King right now, I just can't do it.

I got stuck maybe 2/3rds of the way, I forget. I'm near the end of the second island where there's upside down platforming.

I gave up, which is a shame because I really wanted to enjoy all the art they worked so hard to create. Would have liked easy to have at least 10 hit points.

I'll be more cautious about buying their next game if it's just as difficult. :|

I feel like 60fps would have made this game passable for most people...

What do you mean? Isn't it at 60 already? I know the sprite animations are at 24, but objects always seemed to to move at steady 60 to me.

Back