Microsoft Xbox digital events [E3 2020 Replacements]

I don't think I agree with this.

Positive word of mouth starts with the hardcore gamers, the early adopters. You have to win them first otherwise you can relive the have Xbox One 2.0 launch. The 360 did that, the Xbox One did not. The XSX is floating in some world in between.

I dunno my cousins kid is a freshman in high school and he was telling me today how excited he was for halo and him and his friends were all going to play it. This is a kid who plays fortnite all day long. He was extremely excited when I told him the game pass ultimate I gave him means he already gets to play it on launch day and was even more excited that the new pc i put together with parts his parents bought for him will play it just fine.

I think the majority of people don't care , they saw halo and now wnat to play it. The question is if the game is good or not

For xbox 360 it was called xbox 1.5 but it came out with good quality games even though most of them looked bad but you had cod 2 , pdz and forza. It sold great and they went from 25m in sales to 80m+ for that console.

xbox one got hit with wave after wave of negative press. You had people complain about always connected and and locking the game install to an account. Then you had people complain about kinect always listening and always watching. Need I remind everyone here that those features are now common place in your phone and alex / google/ siri home devices.

Then they were more expensive and the games suffered.

If XSX has the best 3rd party experiences and the first party games like halo are fun to play i think they will do just fine

xbox one got hit with wave after wave of negative press. You had people complain about always connected and and locking the game install to an account. Then you had people complain about kinect always listening and always watching. Need I remind everyone here that those features are now common place in your phone and alex / google/ siri home devices.
So what your saying is negative press and people complaining had an impact on the sales/success of the XO.
Regardless of if you felt it was justified ir not.

It hurts, of course, but marketing can be fixed. I remember when Apple was almost out of business.

MS has the hardware and they have the studios and they have GamePass. It's almost impossible for them not to do better this generation if they fix the marketing.

It hurts, of course, but marketing can be fixed. I remember when Apple was almost out of business.

MS has the hardware and they have the studios and they have GamePass. It's almost impossible for them not to do better this generation if they fix the marketing.

I don't think I agree with this.

Positive word of mouth starts with the hardcore gamers, the early adopters. You have to win them first otherwise you can relive the have Xbox One 2.0 launch. The 360 did that, the Xbox One did not. The XSX is floating in some world in between.

Of course marketing (advertising) and PR (press and word of mouth) matter, otherwise companies everywhere wouldn’t spend insanely enormous amounts of money on them.

That’s how Apple got back up, together with some very innovative hardware back in the day, and then coming up with the iPhone and iPad which really propelled them to the stratosphere. I think people forget quite what Apple achieved and how, from the bottom of the barrel kind of business they found themselves in at some point.

I don’t know that MS can ever replicate what Apple did, and they certainly won’t do it with the Xbox.

They don't need to replicate it. They don't have to go from nothing to massive. They just need to double the user base. It's a much more achievable goal.

I'll predict now that MS goes from 50m to at least 75m this generation hardware wise and that they reach 100m gamers across Xbox and PC and grow GamePass subs to 25m+. That's success.

So what your saying is negative press and people complaining had an impact on the sales/success of the XO.
Regardless of if you felt it was justified ir not.
Seems to not matter either way. Xbox 360 hit a lot of negative press and still sold extremely well. Xbox one hit negative press and did not sell as well. My guess ? Price and performance is more important. Xbox 360 was $300/$400 at launch and launched a year earlier than ps3 at $500/$600 . Xbox 360 also launched earlier than the ps3.

Xbox one on the other hand cost a $100 more and games out of the bat performed notably worse. So is it bad press ? Will one game not looking as good as some people want cause the whole system to fail? I doubt it. As we get closer to launch we should see more and more how these machines compare to each other and I think thats going to push people to one over the other. Spiderman is a big title but then again so is halo. I think there are still a large amount of halo fans who want new halo and will purchase the best platform to play it on and a large portion of that will not want to deal with a pc.

But hey we will see soon. These things launch in what 4 months ?

If XSX has the best 3rd party experiences and the first party games like halo are fun to play i think they will do just fine

You don't know that the XSX will have the best 3rd party experiences. Also games being fun can be a limiting factor. People now also want a visual experience with the fun factor. Kids want the fun factor, however adults tend to want visuals as well as fun. And then when you have comments like, 'night of mic drops' and 'series of Mic drop moments' but then the event has none, then consumers start having doubts and display it with backlash.

They don't need to replicate it. They don't have to go from nothing to massive. They just need to double the user base. It's a much more achievable goal.

I'll predict now that MS goes from 50m to at least 75m this generation hardware wise and that they reach 100m gamers across Xbox and PC and grow GamePass subs to 25m+. That's success.
You can predict all you want, doesn't mean it will happen. But even selling 40-50 million will be a success.

You don't know that the XSX will have the best 3rd party experiences. Also games being fun can be a limiting factor. People now also want a visual experience with the fun factor. Kids want the fun factor, however adults tend to want visuals as well as fun. And then when you have comments like, 'night of mic drops' and 'series of Mic drop moments' but then the event has none, then consumers start having doubts and display it with backlash.

Your right I don't know. Thats why I wrote IF at the start of my post.

The event had no mic drops for you. I saw two new WRPGs announced and one is a beloved franchise of mine. MS has shown off its most diverse line up ever imo. It had more games that i want to play or are interested in then any other event from this year. Thanks to game pass I will be playing a large selection of games from this event as part of that service and thanks to that service I wont have to be tied down to my gaming pc or my xbox console to do so.

From Sony there was a singular game that really interested me and that was demon souls and that could be as far out as any of the ms games. From nintendo ? I'm just waiting on zelda which they showed off a year ago

So again Opinions are like assholes and we all got one.

I'm trying to remember, was it halo that was supposed to be a HDR power house?
Pushing it hard basically.
Think of was evilboris that said it about an upcoming game, but can't remember if it was halo or not.

I'm trying to remember, was it halo that was supposed to be a HDR power house?
Pushing it hard basically.
Think of was evilboris that said it about an upcoming game, but can't remember if it was halo or not.

You might be thinking of his hints of an upcoming system wide HDR calibration system. Though he did help Moon Studios on Ori & the Will of the Wisps when they released their HDR update in May.

Tommy McClain

You might be thinking of his hints of an upcoming system wide HDR calibration system. Though he did help Moon Studios on Ori & the Will of the Wisps when they released their HDR update in May.

Tommy McClain
Hmmmmm probably, thought he mentioned a game also. But your probably right thanks

I don´t thing i have something really important to share regarding this subject. But i have two conclusions that are poles apart.

1. MS really has dropped the ball with regards to software. That immensly powerful GPU and Halo looks like crap and has loads of obvious problems. The promise they made to ignore generational shift and support Xbox One in new releases is going to cost them dearly. A poll i my country shows that the public vote after both Xbox and PS5 has shown a good deal of their upcoming games is 83% in favor of PS5 regarding what console is seen as most "next-gen".

2. Regardless, i´m going to get me an Xbox, along after some time, with my firstday PS5. Probably a Lockhart, and probably a few years into the generation, timing a nice price drop. I knew that i wanted the new Forza, but thats not enough. Now there is a new Fable. I just played through 1-2-3 on my recently bought Xbox SAD for 99€. That new action-RPG from Obsidian, the name escapes me right now. I want that!

I'll still play through Halo and I'm sure it'll be fun but yeah it's certainly disappointing that the game isn't even a chart topper for current gen, never mind next gen.

My hope sits with Fable for the XSX showcase.

Forza I stopped paying attention to since it became a run of the mill arcade racer.

As an aviation guy, this to me really is absolutely incredible. Shame I don't have a beefy PC to run it.

I'm into aviation too, i own a 172 skyhawk and looking into getting lessons on a r22 if i have the time. While very far from reality, flight simulator games have been fun. I still say DCS is the closest you can get :p
EG reports that a 1660Ti system runs this game at high settings, actually he was playing it on such a system i think. Seems that, for being the graphics, it's not so heavy on the GPU atleast.

Going to try FS2020 when it's out.

Back