Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

That doesn't take away from their criticism, though.
you're right it doesn't.
It just becomes something else if they're a broken record about it.

When the conversation moves on and people keep bringing it back to this, then it's no longer productive conversation.
Like a month or 2 from now, when they're on multiplayer topics, or couch co-op, or we see more of the title, and they keep bringing it back to this.

This isn't the launch trailer, but people are sort of treating it as one?

This terrible period for Halo will come to pass.

Last edited:
you're right it doesn't.

When the conversation moves on and people keep bringing it back to this, then it's no longer productive conversation.
And I agree with that. It's not productive to talk in circles.

I'm just making a point, people may criticise a game for their lack of graphical fidelity, specially if the game is advertised as a new experience for a new console (despite being in older hardware, as well). We don't like bullshots or downgraded material, but we don't like underwhelming graphics either. PR should know that by now.However, I do agree that I'm sure that this game's graphics will look better. The whole thing is just weird, IMO.

you're right it doesn't.

Agree iroboto. Also If the game looks great when it releases no one will care that MS released unpolished game footage three months prior.

Ok, but then why didn't they show that off instead. Even if it was on PC, it would have looked miles better. Actually if you go look at the small Halo trailer that Cherno watched, you can actually see that the games graphics is much better than what they showed off in the 8min. demo. So why did they use the 4 month old demo instead of the later/latest version off? It boggles my mind that they let this through.

Maybe because it was an old build with features turned off or to low so that framerate could be held at 60 fps. The market has been asking for gameplay not graphics. Given that we are in the middle of a pandemic, 343 may be more focused on getting the game to gold and not building a demo of the latest build with all the bells and whistles.

Maybe because it was an old build with features turned off or to low so that framerate could be held at 60 fps. The market has been asking for gameplay not graphics. Given that we are in the middle of a pandemic, 343 may be more focused on getting the game to gold and not building a demo of the latest build with all the bells and whistles.

The same thing happened with Gears 4 when they released the beta. It looked flat and had poor lighting, but when it was released 6 weeks later it looked like a totally different game.

I get the disappointment but I have strong feeling that the majority of people who appear to be most concerned about how the game looks probably had no intention of playing it anyway.

Well 343 have 4 months to sort this out. As I mentioned you can see better graphics with the smaller release trailer although not by much as I could still see some of the issues I pointed out 2 days ago. The fire/explosions for one looked better. Environment still looked static.

Also who says I probably have no intention to play it? If it's really good I could possibly play it on PC. If the graphics haven't improved much though, then I don't see why I would want to play it when I will likely have a bunch of other games I can play that will peak my graphics needs. Hell even playing TLOU2 on the PS5 might be better than playing Halo Infinite looking like it's a Halo 1 Remaster if that's what it ends up looking like.

Personally I've already moved on from my disappointment. I'm confident that over time 343 will improve how the games looks. The ball was dropped for sure but I'm willing to wait and see what the game looks like at release and eventually when it gets an RT update. I get the disappointment but I have strong feeling that the majority of people who appear to be most concerned about how the game looks probably had no intention of playing it anyway.

I’ve played every Halo except Halo 2.

I've played every Halo except for Halo 5. I couldn't force myself to play that after Halo 4 and it looked like nothing had changed, only that they continued down the same path that Halo 4 established. Tried it at a friend's place and the story and gameplay just made me not want to play it.

Graphically Halo 5 looked good, but the gameplay was, IMO, shite.

Regardless of the state of the graphics that was shown, at least I'm now once again potentially interested in playing a new Halo game.

Regards,
SB

I've played every Halo except for Halo 5. I couldn't force myself to play that after Halo 4 and it looked like nothing had changed, only that they continued down the same path that Halo 4 established. Tried it at a friend's place and the story and gameplay just made me not want to play it.

Graphically Halo 5 looked good, but the gameplay was, IMO, shite.

Regardless of the state of the graphics that was shown, at least I'm now once again potentially interested in playing a new Halo game.

Regards,
SB

I didn't play Halo 5 either. I can't remember 4 but it felt different than the others mainline Halo games.

Infinite looks more like the original games. My main concern is actually less about grapihics but about the actual game itself...not much has been shown or said. I'd like to see another level/environment area and hear more about the how the mission structure works...

I didn't play Halo 5 either. I can't remember 4 but it felt different than the others mainline Halo games.

Infinite looks more like the original games. My main concern is actually less about grapihics but about the actual game itself...not much has been shown or said. I'd like to see another level/environment area and hear more about the how the mission structure works...
Halo 4 and 5 played like tight corridor style. I guess a good way to describe it, like destiny. While Halo 1-3 played more like destiny open world play. Destiny's best innovation was their raid / boss style mechanics. Platforming etc.
I wish they could add something innovative like that, but it's going to be hard (not going to happen) since the campaign is single player.

MP is the main component I'm interested in. Hope to see more than just standard modes there.

THIS. IS. HERESY!

ahem.

Didn't own the original Xbox, so :runaway:

Halo Infinite may be a decent game. Graphics are definitely not everything. What they've shown of gameplay wasn't all that enthralling. There's still a possibility I'll play it on pc if it's reviewed well. As for Xbox I'm pretty much 99% out. I owned Xbox 360, 360S, One and One X. Just not interested in continuing so far.

Halo 5 was a contrived story that didn't flow well at all. It's like they wanted to copy all the things that were wrong with Halo 2 and make it worse.

Bleh, I've ranted so much over the years, but I always felt that Halo 4 should have been the Search for Chief with a whole new cast and gameplay mechanics that didn't suck. Halo 5 was the wrong time to introduce a new cast when they have this obsession over Chief and re-finishing the fight again.

So in a way, I'm not that really enthused about Infinite and Chief.

Halo 4 and 5 played like tight corridor style. I guess a good way to describe it, like destiny. While Halo 1-3 played more like destiny open world play. Destiny's best innovation was their raid / boss style mechanics. Platforming etc.
I wish they could add something innovative like that, but it's going to be hard (not going to happen) since the campaign is single player.
Remember how Halo 4 had low ammo and setting the record for disappearing weapons? :rolleyes: So much was sacrificed for the lighting, and then they fumbled everything with the art direction anyway.

sigh. :p

Personally, I don't find first person platforming all that fun although I wouldn't mind more Titanfall movement. Could be an issue for co-op depending on how they handle teleporting @ checkpoints/load zones.

I've finished them all. Halo 4 & Halo 5 were not as good as Halo 3. It took me a long time to finish Halo 4 & 5 too. Like a lot of folks I didn't like the idea of playing as Locke & I couldn't really get into the Promethean & Forerunner characters either. And evil Cortana just didn't feel right. This new game looks to throw out the Reclaimer Trilogy they started with Halo 4 & I'm probably fine with that.

Tommy McClain

Halo Infinite may be a decent game. Graphics are definitely not everything. What they've shown of gameplay wasn't all that enthralling. There's still a possibility I'll play it on pc if it's reviewed well. As for Xbox I'm pretty much 99% out. I owned Xbox 360, 360S, One and One X. Just not interested in continuing so far.
Yea I largely suspect most of us will be playing this on PC, or the XBO generation (at least here on B3D). There's no reason yet to move to XSX, and if there is, you'd have to debate against something like a high end RTX series card.

Personally, I don't find first person platforming all that fun although I wouldn't mind more Titanfall movement. Could be an issue for co-op depending on how they handle teleporting @ checkpoints/load zones.
Ehh. I absolutely adore titanfall movement, but very few ever spent any real time with mastering or understanding how deep that movement system could go. Hence why titanfall never took off.
I still think it's one of the greatest FPS games ever made, but it couldn't find it's audience. It was too hardcore, and the fact that Apex is doing so much better really points to how difficult movement was for many people.

Remember how Halo 4 had low ammo and setting the record for disappearing weapons? :rolleyes: So much was sacrificed for the lighting, and then they fumbled everything with the art direction anyway.
lol.. yea they seemed to resolve that here, tons of different guns that you can just carry forward to the next area. etc.

Ehh. I absolutely adore titanfall movement, but very few ever spent any real time with mastering or understanding how deep that movement system could go. Hence why titanfall never took off.
I still think it's one of the greatest FPS games ever made, but it couldn't find it's audience. It was too hardcore, and the fact that Apex is doing so much better really points to how difficult movement was for many people.
boo-urns. :p I want Crysis-like running & sliding while shooting under a Hunter!

The first person platforming with TF2 was great.

Hopping from ledge to ledge with clamber is just boring. Turning him into low-budget Batman doesn't seem like it should be a big thing (where the grappling hook in the Arkham games fit very well for the type of movement and combat).

lol.. yea they seemed to resolve that here, tons of different guns that you can just carry forward to the next area. etc.
Someone watched an episode of American Gladiator. :V

boo-urns. :p I want Crysis-like running & sliding while shooting under a Hunter!

The first person platforming with TF2 was great.

Hopping from ledge to ledge with clamber is just boring. Turning him into low-budget Batman doesn't seem like it should be a big thing (where the grappling hook in the Arkham games fit very well for the type of movement and combat).

Someone watched an episode of American Gladiator. :V
lol he went through like 8 weapons. I think we nearly saw the entire gun roster. Just missing spanker and fuel rod cannon

Well 343 have 4 months to sort this out. As I mentioned you can see better graphics with the smaller release trailer although not by much as I could still see some of the issues I pointed out 2 days ago. The fire/explosions for one looked better. Environment still looked static.

Also who says I probably have no intention to play it? .
My post was not directed at you or any one in particular person.

lol he went through like 8 weapons. I think we nearly saw the entire gun roster. Just missing spanker and fuel rod cannon
I'm trying to understand why they felt we needed another automatic rifle between the AR and the SAW.

There's still the battle rifle and DMR too - I never understood why they made the Halo 4/5 BR sound like it was firing a single shot either. Too subtle of a difference from the single shot DMR.

I'm hoping that pistol is different from the more classic pistol designs too. Bizarre choices.

The new red Brute weapon looks like someone decided on a low-effort cardboard cosplay.

Hopefully they go back to the dual-tube rocket launcher. It was pretty disappointing that they chose something so conventional for Halo 5 (like those two guns in the demo :|) when they had a perfectly good piece of concept art that updated the look while respecting the original design.

blerg.

I'm sure they have a bunch of Banished/Covenant weapons to show still. Needler and sniper rifles too.

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand why they felt we needed another automatic rifle between the AR and the SAW.

There's still the battle rifle and DMR too - I never understood why they made the Halo 4/5 BR sound like it was firing a single shot either. Too subtle of a difference from the single shot DMR.

I'm hoping that pistol is different from the more classic pistol designs too. Bizarre choices.

The new red Brute weapon looks like someone decided on a low-effort cardboard cosplay.

Hopefully they go back to the dual-tube rocket launcher. It was pretty disappointing that they chose something so conventional for Halo 5 (like those two guns in the demo :|) when they had a perfectly good piece of concept art that updated the look while respecting the original design.

blerg.

I'm sure they have a bunch of Banished/Covenant weapons to show still. Needler and sniper rifles too.
I sort of wished they kept towards the CGI versions of everything. For artistic design, that to me would have made more sense.

but w/e. Yes I agree the weapons need to have meaning other than just existing. We build weapons all the time for a variety of reasons.

Back