That RDNA 1.8 Consoles Rumor *spawn*

Need that lol button right about now.

this is a perfect mirror of what happened during XBO days. The “changing spec”, “rumoured” hidden tech that Sony doesn’t want to talk about until it’s the right time to pounce. Yea because having a 2:1 lead ain’t already enough of a head start, we now need to quietly build RDNA 3 tech and have our Principal graphics engineer say it’s between 1 and 2.

Don’t get me wrong, I think geometry engine is likely a Sony design. People labelling it RDNA3 tech is trying to alter narratives. 3 is better than 2 so therefore better. But we saw this with 4Pro and X1X. Vega features and being more advanced but it couldn’t produce.
Smart coding is great and it means a lot. But there is still no replacement for displacement. Smart coding will carry over to there.

Moore's Law Is Dead released the following video regarding PS5.

I can't take it seriously tbh. I know the geometry engine is co-developed by Sony but it being RDNA3 sounds ridiculous. There's also other bit like possible 38 cores and faster cpu clock speeds. I don't believe any of it.

This "journalist" sucks as much as all the others saying it's RDNA 1.9. If AMD ends up using some of Sony's requested customizations in a future "RDNA3" GPU for PC, does it mean Sony is using RDNA3?

Yes. It absolutely means they time-traveled in the future to steal AMD's tech and resell it back to them in the past. Or maybe it's just the nature of a collaborative work on custom silicon design, as both companies have been saying repeatedly and nobody gives a shit about facts.

As far as rumors and speculation go, an AMD partner’s GPU being a generation behind AMD’s latest GPU seems a lot more plausible than AMD being a generation behind a partner’s GPU.

I can't take it seriously tbh. I know the geometry engine is co-developed by Sony but it being RDNA3 sounds ridiculous. There's also other bit like possible 38 cores and faster cpu clock speeds. I don't believe any of it.
It is nice to see someone set themselves up for a face plant so there is that entertainment value. Of course anything in common between the GE and RDNA would be considered a win on some level so it isn't that crazy a bet.

Also bummed if we don't get a PS5 Pro since there is going to be a lot of changes around ray tracing at least in 4 years. They might want to revisit that tech and machine learning as MS will certainly be doing.

Also bummed if we don't get a PS5 Pro since there is going to be a lot of changes around ray tracing at least in 4 years. They might want to revisit that tech and machine learning as MS will certainly be doing.
How would a pro model work for either device?

it would basically have to model nvidia's setup I feel. Tensor Cores its going to be a requirement. There's just not enough bandwidth to keep feeding more compute. HBM is a possibility, but that's not ready for mainstream consumer consumption yet.

I'm not sure about a PS5 Pro or a Series X Pro, but I could see a rolling generation for Microsoft with a Series Z that has more of everything in 3 to 4 years into the cycle. More CPU, more NVME, more RAM, more DX 13, more GPU ... but that requires AMD to come up with something worthy of an upgrade at that time.

The guy was principal engineer at Sony for the PS5 and he said Moore Law is Dead is not a good channel.

It may be the case where Sony did help to develop features that AMD will use in future cards, Cerny himself said this in his presentation. In addition, I’m pretty surprised that the only thing Cerny talked about was the geometry engine and raytracing, while we know there are a lot of innovations from GCN. Maybe, and only maybe, Sony is not disclosing features because they are still binded by an NDA with AMD until RDNA 3.0 features are made public.

25:30

This is possible. Well let's hope. I'm a Sony fanboy too.

Back