Watch Dogs: Legion [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
The latest in the Watch Dog series set in London, developed by Ubisoft Toronto. It's coming to pretty much every platform. The initial release is slated for October 29, 2020.

4K, RT, 30fps

WERWcgsl.png

I know there are tons of ppl crying about options but as long as consoles are closed boxes with finite resources and low overhead it will always come down to dev priorituzation.

I dont think anyone expecting "real next gen games" outside of the crossgen period should be expecting options devs have to always account for. Devs will account for a single variable be it 30 or 60 or 120fps and account for that mostly as they bake it into their game design. We will see more 60fps and 120fps native games than ever but 30fps with no 60fps option will continue to exist as it always has.

Those options have to be factored into game design after all and devs will eventually push these cpus to the point where lowering res wont get them over the 60fps hump.

4K, RT, 30fps

I know there are tons of ppl crying about options but as long as consoles are closed boxes with finite resources and low overhead it will always come down to dev priorituzation

Watch Dogs Legion is the only Ubisoft game due for imminent release not targeting 4K at 60fps. Assassin's Creed, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Riders Republic, Far Cry 6 and Just Dance 2021 are all offering 4K/60.

But I think it's the only one with RT, which I guess explains a little?
That's right. It'll be interesting to see if there is any discourse on Watch Dogs having no 60fps option on nextgen consoles when pretty much every other games does have an option.

DLSS is performing magic there with RTX on. Frame rates are double in DLSS Performance mode what they are without DLSS.

Also, those graphics in no way warrant that level of performance. I assume the consoles will use much better optimised settings below the PC Ultra settings.

Watch Dogs Legion is the only Ubisoft game due for imminent release not targeting 4K at 60fps. Assassin's Creed, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Riders Republic, Far Cry 6 and Just Dance 2021 are all offering 4K/60.

Yep they are crossgen games with no rt either. It shows the power and ovehead of new consoles on offer more than anything.

Ofc we can speculate that 60fps will be baked into the design consciousness of "true next gen games" at the outset but options will be the first thing to go once bandwidth and gpu and cpu limits become more of an issue.

I also.expect games that really focus on pushing next gen ai interactivity and dense detail to quickly need compromises for that like GTA 6 for example. But i guess its a win if only the most taxing games are 30 for a while.

I watched a RTX on off 4k video of this and it was very underwhelming. Maybe it's a result of it being designed in the first place to avoid too much in the way of reflection issues?

I watched a RTX on off 4k video of this and it was very underwhelming. Maybe it's a result of it being designed in the first place to avoid too much in the way of reflection issues?

It definitely shows its cross gen roots, that’s for sure! Even with RT, it still has that ‘current gen’ look to it. Maybe I need to see more but so far I’m not convinced.

Back