CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

It will be nextgen console or PC for me. I hope we know how performance is on PS5/XSX relative to PC for day one nextgen console launch in advance. CDPR have said nextgen consoles will play the game better than current gen consoles but they also said the fully-optimised nextgen console patches are a way off.

That is the big question for me.
Deja vu!

Doing the Matrix hombre? :D

I forgot that there should also be a netrunner .. or is that one of the factions you can join instead of starting as one?

Last edited:
RT doesn't necessarily meant all lighting is RT. Metro Exodus for example was only RT for sun sky GI.

Well if you watch the demo of the Nomad gameplay in the desert which looks like late afternoon, some of the poles do no have shadows, just after and before you notice the grass pop in on the road. That should all be sun RT there.

I still think this was shown off on a Xbox One X to be honest. DF said 4k 30fps. You would expect at 1080p on a 2080Ti as mentioned by mpg1 for at least 60fps. With DLSS 2.0 that would be likely 1440p or 4K quality too.

cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-june-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-001.jpg

The RT in this picture looks really good though. You can see that the shadows close to the objects are sharp as they should be and then blur the further the shadow is from the object. That looks really good and real too.

Game looks great, not mindblowing but great. Still, only 1080p on a 2080 ti?! So 900p reconstructed to 1440p on next gen consoles then? I think the launch day console patch would bump the res to 4k without raytracing or any of the other graphics enhancement. Then the proper next gen patch would lower the res to 1440p checkerboard with some of those RT effects.

Watch the 4K or even 1080p direct trailers. The stream was as bad as the Sony PS5 livestream at times, but far less often. It seemed like TheGameAwards stream was closest to the source and had better quality but still had moments where it was low quality.

1080p with DLSS on a 2080 ti with internal resolution at 720p all for a few Raytracing effects. Should I skip PS5 version and wait for the PS6 remaster then:LOL:?

That's kinda crazy no? Running @ 720p on a 2080ti?

Assuming they implement RT on XSX and PS5 are we not looking at 1080p as a best case scenario?

That's kinda crazy no? Running @ 720p on a 2080ti?

Assuming they implement RT on XSX and PS5 are we not looking at 1080p as a best case scenario?
Yeah, maybe just one or two RT effects for the consoles and checkerboarding to 1080p even. That sounds rather disgusting at the start of a new gen when everything is 4k.

Yeah, maybe just one or two RT effects for the consoles and checkerboarding to 1080p even. That sounds rather disgusting at the start of a new gen when everything is 4k.

I mean there could be a lot of optimizing done between now and the time we see the XSX/PS5 versions but looking like 1080p w RT is probably around where it will be...

To me the trailer looks like Pro or X console footage or target detail level, but journalists played higher quality RT enabled version.
I'm confident that with modding we will be able to max. out LOD, draw distance and other nice performance hogging features to make any current GPU cry on PC.
Still, next gen consoles will look damn good and very close to what PC will offer.

Back