Microsoft Xbox digital events [E3 2020 Replacements]

What they been doing all these years. Haha

But to be honest my biggest disappointment was that the forza trailer was 4k30, when you consider their commitment to 60fps, this was just odd, even for just an announce trailer. Oh well.

I actually liked that they put out there games that are far off, just a shame didn't even get a year on them though.
It wasn't gameplay so I wouldn't assume it will be a 30fps game based on that.
I'm honestly expecting a both 60 and 120fps modes for it.

Should there be a 4K/30fps campaign eye-candy mode for assholes like me? You know, eye-candy over everything else crowd.... :mrgreen:

Well with the ray tracing update coming after launch, unless they've left quite a lot of power in reserve, you might get what you want after all! :runaway:

That Fable trailer got me gobsmacked even more so then FW or HB2, but it wasn't ingame that's for sure. Showing graphics like this though, and then the final game not even coming remotely close, seems a bad idea?

Maybe they'll patch Forza M 7. That and a horizon patch would actually look pretty good.
Still not on game pass though, it's the only major title that isn't which is confusing for me.

Still not on game pass though, it's the only major title that isn't which is confusing for me.

I wonder if it's the car licensing costs, just to much to give it away? And didn't one of the Forza Motorsports release after Forza Horizon 4 as well?

I wonder if it's the car licensing costs, just to much to give it away? And didn't one of the Forza Motorsports release after Forza Horizon 4 as well?
FH4 released after 7.

Yea it might be a licensing thing.

Solid show. Halo Infinite graphics look a bit outdated, I thought MS was going to use Halo as their "ok this is next-gen". But still looks good. I haven't found anything that wow me as the UE5 demo, maybe when games are no longer cross-gen.

edit: and no gameplay from Hellblade. The KZ2 of this gen, good luck pulling that off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid show. Halo Infinite graphics look a bit outdated, I thought MS was going to use Halo as their "ok this is next-gen". But still looks good. I haven't found anything that wow me as the UE5 demo. Maybe when games are no longer cross-gen.

edit: and no gameplay from Hellblade. The KZ2 of this gen, good luck pulling that off.
it had games I want to play in it, but I didn't see gameplay. I'm not sure how i feel about that.
This was a lot of show, and I feel a lot of ball was dropped here.

Sony's studios are much further ahead I think with respect their launch titles for PS5. I think that's what this conference made fairly clear.

I think the language around why Xbox doesn't have exclusives during 1-2 years (and I think we came somewhat around to this conclusion), is because, they don't have exclusives 1-2 years lol and Phil tried to play it as though they were respecting the transition. All their studios are really far behind, and Forza being one of them (and exclusive) cemented that for me. Everything that is XSX only looks so far out there like a 22/23 title.

Forza had an extra year, and I was really expecting to see more from them than this.

But that's okay, hopefully everyone finds something they like in both conferences, I promised myself no hardware purchases until I found a game I wanted to buy.

it had games I want to play in it, but I didn't see gameplay. I'm not sure how i feel about that.
This was a lot of show, and I feel the ball was dropped here.

Sony's studios are much further ahead I think. I think the language around why Xbox doesn't have exclusives during 1-2 years (and I think we came somewhat around to this conclusion), is because, they don't have exclusives 1-2 years lol. Everything that is XSX only looks so far out there like a 22/23 title.

I'm a little bit surprised about that, specially after the backlash from the third party "gameplay" showcase conference. I thought this was going to be all (or mostly) gameplay.

I'm a little bit surprised about that, specially after the backlash from the third party "gameplay" showcase conference. I thought this was going to be all (or mostly) gameplay.
I'm still processing it all lol.

In the end, no doubt in my mind Playstation conference came out way ahead in showing what next-generation games should look like, probably still far off the mark for what I think both consoles are capable of, but still much further ahead than what MS showed today.

With Halo, still processing wtf I saw. Like i"m trying to avoid hot takes the best I can.
I'm going to have to call some bullshit on the statement that this being a XSX designed ground up game.
This is not. There were just way too many flaws for this to be that. I'm pretty sure this is their next X1 game that got ported to XSX late which might explain all the issues they have with pop in, the assets, textures, hitches, the lack of shadows, lighting is sub-par compared to what we saw for in-engine.

The game isn't ready for launch, and the XSX patch won't come for a long time after I suspect.

Solid show. Halo Infinite graphics look a bit outdated, I thought MS was going to use Halo as their "ok this is next-gen". But still looks good. I haven't found anything that wow me as the UE5 demo, maybe when games are no longer cross-gen.

Considering the open world nature of Halo Infinite, it's likely been in development for 4-6 years now. Asset creation on the level of that is just going to take a while. On top of that if the engine was set at the start of development, I'm not sure how much they could have spruced things up (engine + assets) in time for the console launch.

There's a lot going on here, and while I don't view 343i in a good light due to how they massacred Halo 4/5, I'll at least give them some leeway for transitioning Halo to an open world and hopefully reverting storytelling and gameplay to something more Halo-like.

If the gameplay is there and the storytelling is there, I don't mind if it looks like a title that started development potentially 6 years ago.

It isn't something like the new Horizon game where they could build upon their already established open world engine and tools.

Regards,
SB

If the gameplay is there and the storytelling is there, I don't mind if it looks like a title that started development potentially 6 years ago.
I'm with you on this one.

But 343i doesn't need defending. They know how to make graphics. Halo 4 was a fairly insane achievement on 360. These guys know what they are doing and this wasn't it. There will be stories about this game coming soon. I'm fairly positive this is a last minute port for XSX.

I'm still processing it all lol.

In the end, no doubt in my mind Playstation conference came out way ahead in showing what next-generation games should look like, probably still far off the mark for what I think both consoles are capable of, but still much further ahead than what MS showed today.

With Halo, still processing wtf I saw. Like i"m trying to avoid hot takes the best I can.
I'm going to have to call some bullshit on the statement that this being a XSX designed ground up game.
This is not. There were just way too many flaws for this to be that. I'm pretty sure this is their next X1 game that got ported to XSX late which might explain all the issues they have with pop in, the assets, textures, hitches, the lack of shadows, lighting is sub-par compared to what we saw for in-engine.

The game isn't ready for launch, and the XSX patch won't come for a long time after I suspect.
I thought they said the engine was a ground up design for XSX. Infinite is confirmed as a platform of sorts so the tech under it needs to mature but is designed to support the latest and greatest ideas.

Who knows what features don't exist yet or will simply not be used as this is a cross gen game.

RT to come in a patch later apparently.

This is not.

Yeah, I feel it would be more accurate to say that Halo Infinite is currently being desperately 'rebuilt' for the XSX.

I thought they said the engine was a ground up design for XSX. Infinite is confirmed as a platform of sorts so the tech under it needs to mature but is designed to support the latest and greatest ideas.

Who knows what features don't exist yet or will simply not be used as this is a cross gen game.

RT to come in a patch later apparently.
There won’t be another Infinite so, in many ways it’s possible that you guys are right. Big lift to start from scratch and develop it into an on-going platform however that is defined.

Back