AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've already said it's *before* consoles.

That can mean one day lol. I expect consoles in late Nov like around the 20th. So a paper launch in Oct with cards becoming available in early nov would still fit. I'd love sept because depending on which cards are better I can buy a birthday gift for myself

Depends on how late wouldn't it ? Rumor for Ampere is an announcement in Sept but would it be available in sept or take until oct to come out? Oct announcement for Navi2 with cards hitting stores in Nov wouldn't be to bad if you can get them before the big holiday games or right with the big holiday games.

I think performance and pricing is more important than a month or two of time diffrence.

Yeah but I believe ampere will be faster than rdna2 chips. If so, rdna2 won't be enough to take the lead, "again". Kind of like rdna1, it's nice but it didn't change the positioning vs nvidia.

Both vendors have levers left to crank.

Oh come on Navi1x was just training wheels, they didn't even try to scale it up.

5700xt was already eating around 220w , not a lot of room to scale it up for attacking 2080/2080ti. Anyway, it's the past, and from the slides, they worked a lot on power / efficiency, I hope they can deliver. I'm saying all that while having a Vega FE with +100% power limit eating more than 330w when needed, so...

In this world nVidia is stomping rtg worse than in the gaming world, no ?
Vega is doing great in integrated graphics and in macs aswell, and it has gained share for AMD in the server side too even when NVIDIA dominates it more than gaming field

Well, i considered it "nothing". Igpu is the intel world (by raw numbers, not performances of course), (new) mac is a pretty small market, but yeah it's a good win. HPC... come on. There are a few press releases here and there, most related to Epyc, but on the gpu side it's nvidia all the way for now.

Vega was very much alive for a long time too and then it launched and didn't delivered in basically anything.
Oh you're still so, so deliciously mad.
Okay, this is funny.
In this world nVidia is stomping rtg worse than in the gaming world, no ?
Nah, wait about a week or so.
There are a few press releases here and there, most related to Epyc, but on the gpu side it's nvidia all the way for now.
Yeah MI50/60 are funny parts which you could not even get.
That changes soon tho.

Sorry, but statements like this are worth screenshoting and getting popcon.
I didn't say they're crushing CUDA; that's for DOE and big S8 guys to decide.
Also DC popcorn is next year, this year is client popcorn sans Milan.
What makes MI100 so compelling?
Cheap beatstick that works; also actually available.
I rate it about 6 dead ML startups of prowess.
It's still just a Vega evolution (better ML instructions, no GFX baggage, better RAS, better interconnect, etc.)
And some more.
Also can Vega fit 120CUs@some nice clock@300W?

Sorry, but statements like this are worth screenshoting and getting popcon.

What makes MI100 so compelling? It's still just a Vega evolution (better ML instructions, no GFX baggage, better RAS, better interconnect, etc.), right?

Not to mention the software ecosystem is non-existent. Clearly you can’t dream of beating CUDA with just hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back